No announcement yet.

2K20: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jose LeClerc placed on the 45-day IL with a similar injury to Corey Kluber. Maybe that's also contagious now?

Comment

Not a good night for some closer hopefuls:

- Cole Sulser (Bal) - 1.0IP, 2H, 3ER, 1BB, 0K, HR, BS (Orioles had come back from a 5-0 deficit to take 6-5 lead before he blew the game in the 9th)
      - Dan Altavilla (Sea) - 1.0IP, 2H, 3ER, 1BB, 1K, HR (non save opp - Sea did win the game)
      - Emilio Pagan (SD) - 0.7IP, 2H, 2ER, 1BB, 1K, BS (put the finishing touch on SD blowing a 6-1 lead in the late innings)

Comment

Astros' closer Roberto Osuna is heading for an MRI after leaving Saturday's game with discomfort in his right arm.

And Astros' setup man Ryan Pressly has yet to appear in a game this season due to a lingering right elbow issue.

Fantasy advice: Go ahead and spin the big wheel and maybe you'll come out a winner.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Astros' closer Roberto Osuna is heading for an MRI after leaving Saturday's game with discomfort in his right arm.

And Astros' setup man Ryan Pressly has yet to appear in a game this season due to a lingering right elbow issue.

Fantasy advice: Go ahead and spin the big wheel and maybe you'll come out a winner.
          Pressly appeared tonite and gave up 3 baserunners and 1 run in 2/3 IP.

Comment

Hansel Robles got bombed and is in serious danger of losing his gig.

Craig Kimbrel is also on very thin ice in Chicago.

Rangers manager Chris Woodward specifically mentioned Edinson Volquez & Jonathan Hernandez as the probable save guys, not Nick Goody, who came in during the 6th last night.

I would take shot on Jeurys Familia getting the next save chance with the Mets.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Hansel Robles got bombed and is in serious danger of losing his gig.

Craig Kimbrel is also on very thin ice in Chicago.

Rangers manager Chris Woodward specifically mentioned Edinson Volquez & Jonathan Hernandez as the probable save guys, not Nick Goody, who came in during the 6th last night.

I would take shot on Jeurys Familia getting the next save chance with the Mets.
              Dang. I speculated on Jesse Chavez, not Volquez or Hernandez.

Comment

Sounds like Robles is out for LAA and a committee is in, possibly led by Buttrey? We'll see how long that lasts.

Comment

Kimbrel is toast imo and Wick is the de facto guy.

Doolittle seems like he is toast too. Hudson for sure.

Comment

Kwang-Hyun Kim will be moved into the Cardinals' starting rotation to replace Carlos Martinez.

Ryan Helsley and Giovanny Gallegos are now candidates to close.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Pirates placed Nick Burdi on the 45-day injured list with a right elbow injury. Ugh!

Burdi already had Tommy John surgery back in 2017 and surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome in 2019. This guy just can't stay healthy.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Or maybe Rafael Montero, who got tonight's save in his first game back from the IL.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Or maybe Rafael Montero, who got tonight's save in his first game back from the IL.
                          Yeah. Thanks “Closer Monkey” for nothing!

Comment

Yates seems to have found his stride again.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Miguel Castro gets his first save of the season for the Orioles.

Cole Sulser pitched the 8th. Since Sulser needed only 21 pitches over 2 innings for his last save, i'm thinking that 2 innings may have been the plan again. But, this time Sulser walked 2 batters in the 8th and ended up throwing 30 pitches in his one inning of work. So, the high pitch count probably cost him a save opportunity.

Or maybe it's a committee and this Sulser owner is being optimistic. Sulser had gotten the first 3 saves for the O's

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rafael Montero with 2 spotless saves in 2 nights. Looks like he is the guy in Texas now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X