Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The End of Privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    As someone who works in social services for seniors, this commercial is really concerning to me. My wife loved this commercial, and the side of me that has compassion for all the comes with memory loss, I was persuaded. Then the privacy part of me says, "This is going to be a real issue with too much information out there for anyone looking to steal identities.
    For sure, and also other predators like psychics and mediums. You get ahold of this info, and suddenly you become very believable when you say you are talking to a passed loved one.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid nullnor's Avatar
    every news site tells me to disable my add blocker before i can read. i simply say fuck you and X out. they can go out of business for all i care.

you ever notice how long it takes sites to load. it's true. first they have to identify you, then track you, then track every where you went. it can take a while for a site to load. i doubt any of you actually look what the site is loading or trying to do.

let me install a little malware, let me fuck up your computer. make operating systems behave glitchy and fuck you up more.

why!! because they just want to make enough money to stay in business at your expense. it's a bad business model when you have to deceive your customers and sell them out to stay in operation. they can all go to hell if it's the only way. it's not cool. it's not what the internet was created to do.

but every millennial just wants to be friendly! lets share our data. what could possibly go wrong. it's not like anyone will use that information to my detriment.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid nullnor's Avatar
    in the old days on Bulletin boards when you thought you were downloading something for free, and a 2400 baud modem seemed amazing, every now and then someone would tree my fucking ass and i'd have to reinstall my OS. you can't teach that nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    every news site tells me to disable my add blocker before i can read. i simply say fuck you and X out. they can go out of business for all i care.

you ever notice how long it takes sites to load. it's true. first they have to identify you, then track you, then track every where you went. it can take a while for a site to load. i doubt any of you actually look what the site is loading or trying to do.

let me install a little malware, let me fuck up your computer. make operating systems behave glitchy and fuck you up more.

why!! because they just want to make enough money to stay in business at your expense. it's a bad business model when you have to deceive your customers and sell them out to stay in operation. they can all go to hell if it's the only way. it's not cool. it's not what the internet was created to do.

but every millennial just wants to be friendly! lets share our data. what could possibly go wrong. it's not like anyone will use that information to my detriment.
    you left the part where they activate your camera & microphone
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.
    Some people think he's playing chess when actually his aides are trying to stop him from eating the pieces.