No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you post up the new spreadsheet, J-Dog?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• You guys seen that Netflix show Russian Doll? Pretty fucking wild. Highly recommended and pretty easy to watch season 1 since the episodes are only 30 min long.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• "the decades are defined as 1871-1879, 1880-1889, 1890-1899, 1900-1909, 1910-1919, 1920-1929, 1930-1939, 1940-1949, 1950-1959, 1960-1969, 1970-1979, 1980-1989, 1990-1999, and 2000-2007"

I think the rules need updating. Also, are we splitting up the 2000s and the 2010s? And if we do, do we add another pitcher or just have one more potential decade to skip?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          "the decades are defined as 1871-1879, 1880-1889, 1890-1899, 1900-1909, 1910-1919, 1920-1929, 1930-1939, 1940-1949, 1950-1959, 1960-1969, 1970-1979, 1980-1989, 1990-1999, and 2000-2007"

I think the rules need updating. Also, are we splitting up the 2000s and the 2010s? And if we do, do we add another pitcher or just have one more potential decade to skip?
          I think I've fixed all those of those inconsistencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            You guys seen that Netflix show Russian Doll? Pretty fucking wild. Highly recommended and pretty easy to watch season 1 since the episodes are only 30 min long.
            Yeah, very good.

There's a good documentary series on Netflix: "Pandemic." Came out before this coronavirus outbreak. If only......

Comment

• Not that it matters for this 1st pick but where is the spreadsheet? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                Not that it matters for this 1st pick but where is the spreadsheet? Thanks.
                Spreadsheet doesn't normally appear until after round 1, but I have it virtually complete. Having the same number of participants as VD13 was a nice help.

Just need to sort out the delivery method.

Comment

• ok last question then as I scroll through old drafts. Do we have any obp drafts on this version of the site?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    ok last question then as I scroll through old drafts. Do we have any obp drafts on this version of the site?
                    VD13 was OBP. The hit-comb and pit_comb sheets from VD13 contain the complete career and BY OBP's (up to 2018)

... and VD6 was the last Letter/Decade combo draft (but that was BA)

Comment

• I added a link to the beta-spreadsheet in the Draft thread ... but this is not the final version, so only download if you need something temporary.

I still need to error check.

Comment

• Garp wasn't aware that we even started, so he's going to be awhile.

Comment

• Young was never making it to #7. Sigh. Now it looks like I might have to go with my oddball plan instead (assuming the other obvious ones (at least to me) go next).

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            Young was never making it to #7. Sigh. Now it looks like I might have to go with my oddball plan instead (assuming the other obvious ones (at least to me) go next).
                            I was on Young or Cobb, but don't think I have ever done well using Young so I took Cobb. Even with the change to OBP he still seemed valuable. Maybe after round 1 some of you smarter guys will list how you had guys ranked.

Comment

• We're using the 2019 season, too, right?

Comment

• Looks like my Microsoft office expired -- any recommendations on cheap places to purchase ?
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X