No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just use Google sheets for free. If you're determined to use MS shoot me a PM and I'll show you a cheap place to buy from.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Just use Google sheets for free. If you're determined to use MS shoot me a PM and I'll show you a cheap place to buy from.
      thanks, I'll try Google sheets
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• What draft is this one most similar to?

Headed out to deliver food, make money, and spread the plague in a few
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          What draft is this one most similar to?

Headed out to deliver food, make money, and spread the plague in a few
          Vee Dee Six
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Were any of the "old" VDs in this format or was the recent VD6 the only time we've done letters and decades? (I feel like I just looked up the answer to this yesterday or something but my memory is shitty.)

Comment

• Hmm looks like the old VD 19 might have been in the same format. I actually still have that one saved. I have a bunch of old VDs saved (don't tell the wife, ha!).

Comment

• "A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  I was on Young or Cobb, but don't think I have ever done well using Young so I took Cobb. Even with the change to OBP he still seemed valuable. Maybe after round 1 some of you smarter guys will list how you had guys ranked.
                  I have no idea; I haven't had enough time for enough prep to really know yet. That being said, I looked at a few of these drafts and there seems to be five or six who always go at the top, and Cobb is one of them, so you should be safe. I could end up with the first of the tricky picks.

Comment

• Wally, Ruth Ty and Cy are the clear 1-4 in this format.

Comment

• I guess I better do some work on this ... not like I've anything better to do!

Comment

Hmm looks like the old VD 19 might have been in the same format. I actually still have that one saved. I have a bunch of old VDs saved (don't tell the wife, ha!).
                        I did one of these once, so it would have been older than the old VD 19. (I think it might have been my idea; shame on me. With this number of people (many more than VD 6) it will become pure hell at the end. I recall we had a couple of people who couldn't even finish their rosters with dregs at the end of the first one we did---finding a O catcher from a specific decade is sometimes impossible.)

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          I did one of these once, so it would have been older than the old VD 19. (I think it might have been my idea; shame on me. With this number of people (many more than VD 6) it will become pure hell at the end. I recall we had a couple of people who couldn't even finish their rosters with dregs at the end of the first one we did---finding a O catcher from a specific decade is sometimes impossible.)
                          We have full sortable players lists these days ... makes life a lot easier. No more dredging though random charts on B-R.com looking for that bolt-of-lightning player no-one has ever heard of.

Comment

You guys seen that Netflix show Russian Doll? Pretty fucking wild. Highly recommended and pretty easy to watch season 1 since the episodes are only 30 min long.
                            Yeah, good show. In the same vein -- short series of 30 minute episodes -- try Fleabag.

Based on the play by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the BBC3 comedy series focuses on an angry, self-loathing 20-something nicknamed Fleabag who struggles with running her cafe and the memory of the death of her best friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              We have full sortable players lists these days ... makes life a lot easier. No more dredging though random charts on B-R.com looking for that bolt-of-lightning player no-one has ever heard of.
                              That's how I became king! I like dredging through random charts and finding guys, lol. That being said, looking at old drafts, I love the VD 11 format (all old farts). You had to draft 1870's guys. Next time, you should do that with 162-game averages instead of seasons (players by decade based on most PA's), and let the really old guys dominate or at least be competitive (they are still light on career totals). That being said, I have time now, and am working on stuff. I think I can be competitive even with the sortable lists.

Comment

• Has this VD been cancelled due to the coronavirus?

Comment

Working...
                                X