No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't decide between Aaron or Alexander. Really wanted Kev to make my choice for me
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Couldn't decide between Aaron or Alexander. Really wanted Kev to make my choice for me
      I figured both would be gone (they both would have), which is why I had so many different ideas rattling around in my head. If you had just taken Alexander, it would have been easier for me---no question which season on Aaron. I really thought about being cheesy and doing 1920 for Alexander. The difference, however, was just too great, even if I have to forgo an extra deadball pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        I figured both would be gone (they both would have), which is why I had so many different ideas rattling around in my head. If you had just taken Alexander, it would have been easier for me---no question which season on Aaron. I really thought about being cheesy and doing 1920 for Alexander. The difference, however, was just too great, even if I have to forgo an extra deadball pitcher.
        I was leaning 1920, but I'm bad at this.

Comment

• Looks like I'm up. Got a little bit more work to do then I'll get at it. Was hoping ol' Grover Cleveland would fall to me but alas. Pretty sure I know who I'm going to take but want to make sure.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Looks like I'm up. Got a little bit more work to do then I'll get at it. Was hoping ol' Grover Cleveland would fall to me but alas. Pretty sure I know who I'm going to take but want to make sure.
            Tits Hamberder, amirite ?
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Pick is up. Anticlimactic, most likely.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Well, I picked. I wanted to do something interesting and strategical, like not taking the obvious choice (he seems to always go top six) or taking the year 1920 for him, but none of it made sense, and I haven't finished my prep yet, so the stragedy will have to wait.
                Ah right ... you were asking about multiplicative scoring, my bad ... you've never played multi scoring? We have been using it exclusively since it was first adopted, and that was waaaaaaay back on the old site. It's such more balanced and allows all game styles and strategies to flourish. additive scoring had become a punters paradise - either you punted 4 or more categories or you lost. Now there is no longer a massive advantage for punting, and if someone hits the perfect-storm, an all-round team can be unbeatable.

BTW I think Alexander is the obvious choice at 5/6

Nice pick.
                Last edited by johnnya24; 04-02-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

Nice pick.
                  arghhh!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Johnny deducts lot of points somewhat arbitrarily
                    I thought we had an agreement bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      arghhh!!!!
                      A-A-Ron is an excellent pick also.

If you could please use your "arghhh!!!'s" in a more appropriate fashion, that'd be appreciated

Comment

• Aaron, Alexander and Yaz were the 3 I was trying to choose between. So I guess I should be happy I'm not already fucking things up... it did stress me a bit that in the daft I was looking at, Feral drafted Yaz, CJ drafted Alexander and Frae drafted Aaron...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Ah right ... you were asking about multiplicative scoring, my bad ... you've never played multi scoring? We have been using it exclusively since it was first adopted, and that was waaaaaaay back on the old site. It's such more balanced and allows all game styles and strategies to flourish. additive scoring had become a punters paradise - either you punted 4 or more categories or you lost. Now there is no longer a massive advantage for punting, and if someone hits the perfect-storm, an all-round team can be unbeatable.

Nice pick.
                          He seemed to be---so much so that with KS still in, I assumed he'd be gone. Thoughts on 1915 versus 1920? The WHIP difference just seemed to much to me to try to play that game. Would help for career numbers (since it gives another deadballer), but since you don't have to take anyone from the 1890's, 1920's or 1930's anyway, I decided that it would be just a little too cute.

Comment

• I don't know there's a real "right" choice between Alexander and Aaron, particularly in this format. I also agree that Pete Cleveland's best BY is 1915, all things considered.

Comment

He seemed to be---so much so that with KS still in, I assumed he'd be gone. Thoughts on 1915 versus 1920? The WHIP difference just seemed to much to me to try to play that game. Would help for career numbers (since it gives another deadballer), but since you don't have to take anyone from the 1890's, 1920's or 1930's anyway, I decided that it would be just a little too cute.
                              1915 is clearly better, but I can see how 1920 would be good with certain strategies.

Comment

• I also tried unsuccessfully to convince myself into taking Yaz's 1970 instead of '67. '70 is easily the better year.

Comment

Working...
                                X