*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I also tried unsuccessfully to convince myself into taking Yaz's 1970 instead of '67. '70 is easily the better year.
    huh?

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      huh?

Uh....what?
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So.....there isn’t actually any indication that corona was started in a lab, was there? I mean, that claim sounds ridiculous on its face.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Yeah, didn’t think so.

Comment

Aaron, Alexander and Yaz were the 3 I was trying to choose between. So I guess I should be happy I'm not already fucking things up... it did stress me a bit that in the daft I was looking at, Feral drafted Yaz, CJ drafted Alexander and Frae drafted Aaron...
            What you don’t trust me?

Comment

• Well, I got a five player short list after the Yaz pick, and only lost one so far (Lajoie). Interesting pick of Williams. Banking on the change to OBP, clearly. Interesting. I like seeing different strategies. Still, with nine more picks before I go again, I am pretty sure my now-4-player shortlist will be at zero, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                What you don’t trust me?
                about as much as I trust myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  What you don’t trust me?
                  looks like you finished 10th (2 slots behind me... I think 8th might be my high-water mark in a while). Your pitching was woeful.

Comment

looks like you finished 10th (2 slots behind me... I think 8th might be my high-water mark in a while). Your pitching was woeful.
                    Oh you are using stats and data now

Comment

what a savage....I like it
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Watched the old school Clash of the Titans with my kid tonight. That was pretty awesome.

Release the Kraken!!!

Comment

• I had Foxx typed in but changed to Williams when I decided I didn't want to use up a good decade already. Of course, Williams' .482 OBP also helped matters, lol.

Watched the old school Clash of the Titans with my kid tonight. That was pretty awesome.

Release the Kraken!!!
                          I saw that in theaters in 1981 when I was 11. Harry Hamlin!

Comment

• Did anyone else like Krull. When I was a kid that was my favourite movie. I must have rented it at least 5 times.

Comment

• Wow. Foxx was on my list. Bonds wasn't, but I thought he was who I would end up taking after my list was gone. But a bold year choice--going for the OBP instead of the HR. Fascinating. I am loving this already.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Did anyone else like Krull. When I was a kid that was my favourite movie. I must have rented it at least 5 times.
                                Bonus for being a somewhat rare letter....what decade ?
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X