Thoughts on proposed scoring changes in H2H league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    This is why I like leagues with transaction limits. Streaming is not an option if you have 30 adds for a whole season.
    That's one way to deal with it, but it doesn't necessarily stop the issue with holds since you can just bench and activate starters and relievers when appropriate. Still, since holds tend to be fickle, it would cut down on it a good bit because keeping the stable of holds guys intact would take many transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      This is why I like leagues with transaction limits. Streaming is not an option if you have 30 adds for a whole season.
      I hate leagues with transaction limits. It's asking you not to play the game. If a game asks me not to play, I'll just go ahead and get out in front of that and not play... from the start. Game theory says that this is a terrible approach.

Use FAAB $s so there's strategy involved, or use various other methods. But don't put a limit on how much a person can play your game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I hate leagues with transaction limits. It's asking you not to play the game. If a game asks me not to play, I'll just go ahead and get out in front of that and not play... from the start. Game theory says that this is a terrible approach.

Use FAAB $s so there's strategy involved, or use various other methods. But don't put a limit on how much a person can play your game.
        I agree. Arbitrary transaction limits is a ham-fisted solution to problems. Transactions are a big part of the fun. I'd pass that mark quit just on trades .

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I agree. Arbitrary transaction limits is a ham-fisted solution to problems. Transactions are a big part of the fun. I'd pass that mark quit just on trades .
          Jerry? Jerry DiPoto? Is that you?
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Jerry? Jerry DiPoto? Is that you?
            Haha, yes, a man after my own heart. I sometimes trade just to trade and that hurts me. But I have won 4 of the last 9 titles in my 16 team league, so it works out. I am still haunted by trading both Mike Trout and Bryce Harpur for my 1st of those titles. I ended up not needing the players I got, headlined by the likes of Jimmy Rollins and Scott Baker.

Comment

Working...
            X