NL only Keeper List cutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only Keeper List cutdown

Hello rotokunkies, need help to figure out the best 12 players for the 2020 season, format is 12 team, NL only 5x5 using OBP instead of BA. This league is kind of unique where we are allowed to purchase minors and keep them on the keeper list with one special minor we can keep on the side. Here’s the list of players I have currently...

Josh Bell $15/0
    Ryan McMahon $3/0 Option year
    Garrett Hampson $5/0 Option year
    Eugenio Suarez $20/0 Option
    Max Muncy $1/0 Option
    Ronald Acuna $5/0 Option
    Austin Riley $5/1
    Nick Senzel $13/1
    Gavin Lux $5/2 contract activates when he stays active for 2 weeks
    Jazz Chisholm $5/2 same as Lux
    Norman Gorman $5/2 same as Lux

Brandon woodruff $11/1
    Caleb Smith $4/1
    Johnny Cueto $7/1
    Jack Flaherty $5/0 Option
    Adrian Houser $1/1
    Jose Urena $7/0
    Keone Kela $7/1
    MacKenzie Gore $2/2 contract is like Lux

Looking at the other rosters in the league, I’ve got the best roster for the 2020 title so let’s hear your thoughts and critiques...thanks

this IS loaded!
    gotta keep

Josh Bell $15/0
    Max Muncy $1/0 Option
    Ronald Acuna $5/0 Option

that's 9, then:

Austin Riley $5/1 - needs good spring and would be an OF play
    Norman Gorman $5/2 same as Lux - I'd like to keep one of Chisholm/Gorman but not both. although that's still too many prospects

Brandon woodruff $11/1 - YES if healthy
    Adrian Houser $1/1
    Caleb Smith $4/1 - tempting because you are short on P
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Thanks, I dumped last year to get Muncy, hampson, Senzel, Riley, Caleb Smith, Houser, Urena and Woodruff

Comment

Senzel is also worth consideration given how many bargain contracts you have.

Comment

I agree with Judge Jude's list. Unbelievable set of keepers.

I'm not much of a McMahon fan. He had an 87 OPS+, high K's without accompanying power. He also has a lot of competition if he fails. With only 5 SB... it's a pretty underwhelming package. I would probably keep Woodruff and toss McMahon, especially given that Woodruff has another year to extension time.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Thanks Harmon and teenwolf, appreciate your input, mcmahon has the power and colors while Senzel has the steals and vertigo, they kinda balanced each other out...woodruff is prob the ace of the staff if he stays healthy

Comment

I'm with TW here, not a huge McMahon fan, could lose a lot of PT right out of ST if Rogers is healthy and swinging the bat right. You've also got Hampson to contend with, so to me, he's a certain drop with Woodruff being a keep.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I’d take Judge Jude’s top nine, subtract McMahon, add Riley, Chislom, Woodruff and Caleb Smith. Then extend Acuna one year for every shot of booze you can drink without really feeling it. Extend Muncy and Flaherty by the same formula, minus one year for every three shots.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks Hornsby and Chancellor for your feedback...reading all the comments, no love for kela as the closer for Pittsburgh...should I try to trade for the likes of Kirby Yates (5/0 and Munoz lurking), Neris (4/1 and new management) or Carlos Martinez (5/1 and his injury history)...Which ones should I target in trading?

I totally agree about the potential loss of PT for McMahon if Rodgers makes the team unless Arenado gets shipped

As for the drinking, I lost track of how many shots of Martell I had last night...lol
                  Tonight, I’ll be drinking some kind of cognac, cheers �� ��

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    this IS loaded!
                    gotta keep

Josh Bell $15/0
                    Max Muncy $1/0 Option
                    Ronald Acuna $5/0 Option

that's 9, then:

Austin Riley $5/1 - needs good spring and would be an OF play
                    Norman Gorman $5/2 same as Lux - I'd like to keep one of Chisholm/Gorman but not both. although that's still too many prospects

Brandon woodruff $11/1 - YES if healthy
                    Adrian Houser $1/1
                    Caleb Smith $4/1 - tempting because you are short on P
                    I agree with this list. I would try to package McMahon, one of Gorman/Chisholm and Smith for a good solid starter. With your current low spend I might consider seeing if there was an expensive Ace that can be had.

I do have a question. If I understand this correctly you can keep 12 plus on more prospect. So you could keep both Gorman and Chisholm if you wanted to.

Comment

I overlooked Kela...I've always had a soft spot for closers on crappy teams. Usually good value, as Kela is here.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        I overlooked Kela...I've always had a soft spot for closers on crappy teams. Usually good value, as Kela is here.
                        I dunno. You can only count on a maximum 1/2 season of saves. If he performs as the closer, he's very likely being dealt into a setup role mid-season. Especially since he has a poor relationship with Bucs staff. Too much volatility for me.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
                          Hello rotokunkies, need help to figure out the best 12 players for the 2020 season, format is 12 team, NL only 5x5 using OBP instead of BA. This league is kind of unique where we are allowed to purchase minors and keep them on the keeper list with one special minor we can keep on the side. Here’s the list of players I have currently...

Josh Bell $15/0
                          Max Muncy $1/0 Option
                          Ronald Acuna $5/0 Option
                          Austin Riley $5/1
                          Nick Senzel $13/1
                          Norman Gorman $5/2 same as Lux

Brandon woodruff $11/1
                          Caleb Smith $4/1
                          Johnny Cueto $7/1
                          Adrian Houser $1/1
                          Jose Urena $7/0
                          Keone Kela $7/1

Looking at the other rosters in the league, I’ve got the best roster for the 2020 title so let’s hear your thoughts and critiques...thanks
                          Looking at that list, the following seven seem slam dunk obvious:

Acuna
                          Bell
                          Suarez
                          Muncey
                          Lux
                          Flaherty
                          Gore

That leaves six to go, assuming you get one of the minors guys as an extra. I would rank them in the following order given your other keepers and the rules:

Woodruff (if healthy)
                          Kela (yeah, he's a deadline candidate, but the trade deadline is 2/3 of the way through the season, not half)
                          Senzel (he's a little pricey, but easily the biggest breakout candidate)
                          McMahon (I am not a big fan, I just don't see anyone better. At least his BB% is solid, and this is an OBP league.)
                          Chisholm and Gorman

The reason for the kids at the end is to trade them during the year. I just don't see anyone else better at that point. Maybe Caleb Smith instead of one of them. Hampson doesn't seem likely to get any more playing time than last year. And until Riley learns how to lay off the breaking balls, he won't have significant playing time (and you wouldn't want it if he did).

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            I dunno. You can only count on a maximum 1/2 season of saves. If he performs as the closer, he's very likely being dealt into a setup role mid-season. Especially since he has a poor relationship with Bucs staff. Too much volatility for me.
                            Like cb said, it's likely 2/3rds of the way through the season, and why would he have a poor relationship with the staff? Aren't they all new coaches?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree with Teenwolf to a large degree - I trust neither the Pirates or Kela. With a thinner keeper list, I’d roll the dice, but with this championship-hunting monster of a list, I scuttle him before McMahon.

To tinitoys closer question, I go after Yates. I think the Pads are ready to compete for a playoff spot, so he’s less likely to be dealt.

Gregg makes a good point, too - using McMahon, Kela, Senzel, and one of the good minor leaguers may be an attractive package to get another quality SP and closer. Or one of the keeper hitters and sub Senzel into your keeper list. There’s some really great options there. If I were a rebuilding team in your league, I’d be knocking at the door. There’s some real win-win possibilities there.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X