No announcement yet.

NL only Keeper List cutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all your input, a $26/1 strasburg owner has put him up for sale, is that price the norm or too high

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
      Thanks for all your input, a $26/1 strasburg owner has put him up for sale, is that price the norm or too high
      Fangraphs has him at $28. He is kept at 32 in our NL only 12team 5x5.

I would go get him if I had your team.

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
        With that keeper list, I’d sure try. It’s a reasonable price, and a front end SP list of Stras, Flaherty, and Woodruff for about $40 is killer good.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

That's probably the "fair" price, but with inflation, he'd go for far more. He would make a ton of sense for your team.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            I dunno. You can only count on a maximum 1/2 season of saves. If he performs as the closer, he's very likely being dealt into a setup role mid-season.
            Heard that over and over for Shane Greene too going into the 2018 season.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              Looking at that list, the following seven seem slam dunk obvious:

Acuna
              Bell
              Suarez
              Muncey
              Lux
              Flaherty
              Gore

That leaves six to go, assuming you get one of the minors guys as an extra. I would rank them in the following order given your other keepers and the rules:

Woodruff (if healthy)
              Kela (yeah, he's a deadline candidate, but the trade deadline is 2/3 of the way through the season, not half)
              Senzel (he's a little pricey, but easily the biggest breakout candidate)
              McMahon (I am not a big fan, I just don't see anyone better. At least his BB% is solid, and this is an OBP league.)
              Chisholm and Gorman

The reason for the kids at the end is to trade them during the year. I just don't see anyone else better at that point. Maybe Caleb Smith instead of one of them. Hampson doesn't seem likely to get any more playing time than last year. And until Riley learns how to lay off the breaking balls, he won't have significant playing time (and you wouldn't want it if he did).
              Woodruff easily belongs in the top portion of your list. Just for reference, he goes a few picks before Josh Bell on average (and he's $4 cheaper here). But I agree with those 7 being obvious.

After that, I agree with Kela being there.
              Caleb Smith certainly deserves to be considered, for just $4? Easy keep.
              Hampson for $5 is a discount based on the current market as well. And McMahon as well.

That's my 12.

Comment

Working...
              X