Al only trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al only trade?

I have been offered a $5 and done Urquidy and a $5 and done Civale for my $18B Kepler.

5x5 12 team OBP $260 budget.

I wasn't planning on giving Kepler a raise. At first blush I was going to reject it. But I have a tendency to undervalue pitching sometimes. Thought I would get some input from you.

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I have been offered a $5 and done Urquidy and a $5 and done Civale for my $18B Kepler.

I wasn't planning on giving Kepler a raise. At first blush I was going to reject it. But I have a tendency to undervalue pitching sometimes. Thought I would get some input from you.

Thank you in advance.
    I would pass.

entering 2019, I targeted kepler in every league he was available...and he didn't disappoint. I think there is still a little more under the hood too. keep him and enjoy the profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Thank you in advance.
      I agree with Art. Take the profit on Kepler. Neither Civale or Urquidy have a long enough track record to make a good $5X, plus you need to devote 2 spots to questionable pitchers at $5 apiece. Decent speculative guys, but Kepler is better.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Thirded - keep Kepler

However, I do like both pitchers as under the radar options this year if there's another way to get one or both.

Comment

I really, really like Urquidy and like Civale’s potential, and I’d still politely decline that deal. I’m not sure Kepler doings 36 again, but 90-28-90 with a solid OBP at 18 is yuuuuuge.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Thirded - keep Kepler

However, I do like both pitchers as under the radar options this year if there's another way to get one or both.
            Me too.

I offered a 1 for 1 (not Kepler) for Urquidy and he countered these two for Kepler. I will pass.

Thank you all for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I really, really like Urquidy and like Civale’s potential, and I’d still politely decline that deal. I’m not sure Kepler doings 36 again, but 90-28-90 with a solid OBP at 18 is yuuuuuge.
              I'm just not sure that he'll get a solid OBP again...his .332 last year was a career high. He could easily lose 10 homers and pretty much tank his value. He doesn't run either...I think you can get 30 HR power elsewhere for cheaper, and Urquidy is mucho intriguing.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I'm just not sure that he'll get a solid OBP again...his .332 last year was a career high. He could easily lose 10 homers and pretty much tank his value. He doesn't run either...I think you can get 30 HR power elsewhere for cheaper, and Urquidy is mucho intriguing.
                Agree on Urquidy, but I think Kepler's OBP is pretty solid. He has a decent walk rate (10-11%), and his BABIP has been pretty low (sub-.250) for two years in a row. I realize Kepler's not a speed demon, but he's not glacially slow either, so I think he has upside on his BABIP and I doubt it will drop in a worst case. Plus, with adding Donaldson into an already pretty formidable offense, Kepler's counting stats should be very good.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  This is where I am at too. This is an interesting offer, because it is for a guy who is sure to regress some (I love Kepler and had him most of last year, but he exceeded his skills a bit imo), and you are getting two "sleeper" arms I like, so they are heading toward the middle in value. But I don't think they quite meet. It really isn't a bad offer, though, if you need the pitching and can spare the hitting. It would be the sort of deal, if I were in that situation, that I'd try to get done by asking for another little piece I like to even it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X