2K20: Khris Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20: Khris Davis

This is the first time in awhile that we've needed a Khrush Davis thread, as he's been more consistent (Mr. .247!) than nearly anyone. But 2019 was an epic disaster, compounded by the fact it was a boffo power year. Davis hit just .220/.290/.387 with just 23 HRs and 73 RBIs. The .387 SLG was far and away the worst of his career. Many can trace this debacle back to his hip & hand injuries, both of which seemed relatively minor when it occurred, but must have bothered him all year.

So if that's the obvious root cause, why is his ADP 184? Surely everyone expects a rebound, but yet no one is actually drafting him as such. He had Utility-only eligibility last season, so that's not the issue. Power surged and can be found nearly anywhere, but Davis was a consistent mid-40s HR bat, and those are still hard to find.

Giancarlo Stanton, who had an equally disastrous, injury-riddled season -- and like Davis provides only power -- has an ADP of 54.

So what's going on? Do fantasy drafters think there's more to it than the hip and hand injuries?

Great question.

He is $28A in our 12 team AL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave. The owner gets to keep 14 (including prospects) he is on the fence about keeping him. This means that he would be willing to trade him.

I prefer to go into the auction with my UT spot open but I would fill it if the value is there. 32 years old hand and hip injuries low ba/OBP, going from a hr in every 12abs to 1 in 20. Add wondering if the owner will really keep him. Can I get him cheaper at auction.

I am not trading for him. If he goes cheap enough will I buy him at auction if available? Yep. But I am not sure what that number is for me.

Comment

My concern is the hip is chronic. Like Gregg, I’m going to figure out a price where I’d take the risk, but the risk and his consuming my UT slot has me less than enthused.

Per Stanton, well, there’s no way I’d take him in the 50s. In an OBP league, his upside is higher than Khrush’s, but the odds of him hitting that upside are pretty limited.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
      X