2K20: Luis Robert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    My Player B and C, if everyone doesn't know exactly who they are given the obvious hints and that it is me, lol, were both much more highly touted prospects---which is tough compared to Robert.
    Player C was obvious for anyone playing fantasy these days.
    Player B, I got right on my first guess, but I was not 100% sure.

Comment

@cavebird I already said he wasn't Jo Adell. Your point that he's not Acuna is well taken. He's a really good prospect, but he doesn't have the over-the-top factor that they do.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Player C was obvious for anyone playing fantasy these days.
        Player B, I got right on my first guess, but I was not 100% sure.
        Not me. My first thought was the Kid, then Vada Pinson.

How is this for an age 20 season.

706 PA, 205 H, 84 RBI, 98 R, 20 HR, 21 SB, .316/.371/.509. Near GG in CF. .

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          @cavebird I already said he wasn't Jo Adell. Your point that he's not Acuna is well taken. He's a really good prospect, but he doesn't have the over-the-top factor that they do.

J
          Agreed there, but the point I was more trying to make is that even prospects better than him when they come up don't become 30/30 or 20/20 monsters for 5-10 years. And really, you should have remembered my mancrush on him from back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Buy the company.

J
            By all means. Just float me the money....

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              By all means. Just float me the money....
              Pocket change doesn't float well. Find some rich attorney.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                I'm not sure if this is even the right place for this player Luis Robert as I am not really looking at just this season but career thoughts on this uber athletic prospect.

His year last year was something for the ages, and I had my eyes on him before that because of his freakish athleticism.

There is something that terrifies me about him, maybe it's I've been burned by this type of profile before. But as I think about it most prospects with a similiar athletic profile never actually produced like he did last year.

I see if he gets 500 abs that 20/20 is almost a baseline for him.

I have him in 2 dynasty leagues and I am actually thinking of dealing him in one as I think his value is sky high right now, but then I think that might be an awful decision when I see a kid who could average 30/30 for next 5 years.
                I would be happy to own him. I have offered the kitchen sink only to be rebuffed.

If I owned him I would be not expecting all that much this year with a big progression next year. I like my rookies but temper first year expectations.

Vlad Jr. was the can't miss prospect last year. One for the ages. He didn't miss but he didn't meet expectations either.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eloy-ji...222613226.html

White Sox future looks very good. Sad the Angels can't follow the same blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eloy-ji...222613226.html

White Sox future looks very good. Sad the Angels can't follow the same blueprint.
                    I mean, Mike Trout minus 100 walks is still a really good player, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X