2K20: Amed Rosario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20: Amed Rosario

Could this be the year that the tools come together and Rosario takes a big step forward?

He had a very good 2nd half last year (and really only 1 poor month all season long - May).

He slashed .319/.351/.453 during the 2nd half which seems sustainable to me. I'm not sure where they will be batting him. It doesn't take much of a stretch of the imagination to see a .300 BA, with 20/20 potential, and 160 RBIs+runs.

I am a little concerned about his SB success going 9-16 during the 2nd half.

Wondering what people think his general range of outcomes might be?
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

I like him. I wouldn't expect him to take the jump to elite status, but I like him better than his ADP. He is a rising stock. Remember, he had a great pedigree as a prospect.

Comment

Back in November, Paul Sporer picked Rosario as a candidate for top 5. The article is on upside and picks a player for each position who is drafted outside the top 15. Rosario was the SS choice over Seager, Kingery and Hampson.

Since I have Rosario and Hampson, I'm liking it.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Where he bats in the lineup is a big question for me, and if Nimmo is healthy I would see Rosario in the 8th hole which he has proven he can succeed in but its not great for his fantasy value.
        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

He's gotten caught stealing a lot in his career. Last two seasons he has 43 SBs, 21 CS. Since Beltran is a rookie manager (if he even makes it to opening day), we don't really know if he will take away the green light if he gets thrown out more often at the start of the year.

I'll bet that he still gets to 20 SBs, but that is a bit of a risk.

Comment

Beltran (who might be fired by the time you read this) is in the discussion as the greatest base stealer in baseball history - 312 SB, 49 CS.

in 2000-01, he was 44 for 45 combined.

2003-04 was 83 of 90.

2007-08 was 48 of 53.

he not only had a 1.021 career postseason OPS (in spite of a 1 for 15 finish), he swiped 11 sacks and was never caught.

maybe he teaches Rosario a thing or two - or maybe he chains him to first base.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Or not.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                He slashed .319/.351/.453 during the 2nd half which seems sustainable to me. ?
                That was at least partly driven by a .363 BABIP (.388 in July, .400 in August) so I'd pump the brakes a bit but I do like him. Hard to believe he just turned 24. He's hit .270 over almost 1,500 plate appearances. I think somewhere between .270-.280 is a more realistic expectation, especially if he continues to swing away as much as he does. Don't think .300 is out of the question but I think he's as likely to hit .275 with 14 hr's, 65 rbi, 75 runs, with 15 sb's as he is to reach the numbers you mention.

Comment

I agree with Garp on the BA - .275 +/- 10 points is where I’m thinking. But I like his SB upside, especially since they’re so scarce. Physically, he has the skills to steal 30+. Just a question of whether he’s progressing on learning how to do that.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X