you guys ever heard that question where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you guys ever heard that question where

there's a certain amount of money available. how much do you take. like free money. I heard it first 5 years ago and also last year from serious academics and hacks. so it's a popular question. it's used to justify being greedy. i'm sure you've heard it. it circumvents social responsibility. to them the correct answer is to take it all. but most people will only take a portion. it's more of a psychological test but is asked in finance class. my thinking is it's a vicious cycle. you get ripped off so you justify ripping someone else off. and the cosmic dance continues. we're just simple creatures. that's why I like hanging out with cats and dogs. they have no concept of money!

if I ask my my new cat for money she gives me $20. for some reason she thinks Andrew Jackson was a good president

very strange, this cat is so like the one I had that died. I thought if one species were allowed to be reincarnated it would be cats. they can keep a secret and have 9 lives and such. life is even like a Frank E. Peretti. forces with and against you. even though the force is always with you heh.

I am in a tight spot. just graduated shitty hvac school. got my oil burners license and have a cdl, moved my camper from campground to renting a spot of land illegally on old guy dying of pancreatic cancer's land who calls 911 once a week. it's better than being shot and robbed walmarting in my RV tho in Pawtucket. such a good cat. like a gift from someone up there liking me.

life always there to complicate itself.

!

Nully, I think you and I are the only two in here who’ve read a Peretti novel.

Too bad you can’t come to Wisconsin. With HVAC expertise, you’d get hired in a couple days.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Nully, I think you and I are the only two in here who’ve read a Peretti novel.
      I am Peretti sure this statement piqued my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Nully
        there's a certain amount of cats available. how much do you take? like free cats.
        they show up in my backyard all the time. I seem to be greedy and take them all.

I think you all have known me when I had 5 cats back with my ex. The last one of those (the one with diabetes) passed away back in August. RJEL girl's two cats have passed as well. I still have 2 cats. One showed up in the backyard about 2 years ago, and moved in a month or so later. The second one belongs to the neighbor but they had it as a full-time outdoor cat (I live in a housing subdivision, not on a farm). It would show up on my doorstep at 2am in the rain. RJEL girl started letting it in the house in bad weather. Now it never leaves. I don't think it's left the house in 2 weeks. The neighbors haven't put up signs or anything. So I guess we have stolen the neighbor's cat.
        Now that that one is in the house, a new one has moved into the yard. I really do think there is an unlimited supply of free cats out there, all you have to do is put a food bowl outside for a week and you will have one too.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I really do think there is an unlimited supply of free cats out there, all you have to do is put a food bowl outside for a week and you will have one too.
          Where I live that will give you an unlimited number of racoons, and an occasional possum or cat
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Where I live that will give you an unlimited number of racoons, and an occasional possum or cat
            There are 5 raccoons out there, at least 2 skunks, 4-5 cats and a possum that show up on a regular basis.

Comment

There are 5 raccoons out there, at least 2 skunks, 4-5 cats and a possum that show up on a regular basis.
              I would have to shoo the raccoons away occasionaly. One time I leaned over to fill the cat bowl and there was a raccoon hiding in the bushes and staring at my from about 2 feet away. I quit feeding my cat outside after that.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I would have to shoo the raccoons away occasionaly. One time I leaned over to fill the cat bowl and there was a raccoon hiding in the bushes and staring at my from about 2 feet away. I quit feeding my cat outside after that.
                My brother and dad have a story about camping, and having to shoo off a raccoon that was hanging around while they were cooking. It gets dark, and they sit down to eat and play cards. At some point they start wondering about wildlife and how far the raccoon ran, so they shine their flashlight around the camp site and finally across the table, and it's sitting on the other end of the table staring at them.

Comment

My brother and dad have a story about camping, and having to shoo off a raccoon that was hanging around while they were cooking. It gets dark,
                  I can't read anymore, I'm glad you warned me that the story had a tragic ending
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I can't read anymore, I'm glad you warned me that the story had a tragic ending
                    at least one of them had enough to eat ....

Comment

yeah this cat is a stray. you guys picked up on that. she is really smart. before i got there this guy had 21 cats. a charity spayed and neutered them and clipped the tops off one of their ears. i am not a big fan of that. i don't know how much longer i will be able to park my RV here. i really should've life streamed everything when i was at the campground. i walked a pit bull boxer everyday. the RV guy kept him. he said i was a caretaker. but what i really did was have a good summer with a dog, and teach this alpha creature about the world. even tho i could never take the dog, i taught it social skills.

the last time i talked to the RV guy at school, he was living in his volvo with the dog before right before he got an apartment with the dog, his girlfriend and son. he yelled at me for parking near his car and letting the dog see me. he said the dog thinks i am a dog too. so he makes a fuss. which was like the best compliment i ever got.

when i come into an animals life, it's the best thing that has ever happened to them.

this cat that sleeps with me in the RV has a feral sister she won't want to separate from that lives in the abandon house next door. i am trying to manage it but her sibling won't go for it. i've never moved and left an animal behind. i can see myself taking one cat with me and coming back feeding her sister in the snow.

sometimes i wish i was them and i could say, it doesn't matter. i am a cat. i lived a trillion lives and am here now. on top of the food chain and can do whatever the fuck i want. heh

Comment

if you guys haven't figured it out by now. you'll read about me someday getting eaten by bear in alaska trying to live with them. the real trick is making a good name in the bear community and having them defend you against stray bears. i am not really a bear guy tho. but i could do it. even bears have politics.
                        Last edited by ; 01-17-2020, 09:23 PM.

Comment

dam i edit again by mistake. it's like that speech by jamie in GoT. you don't matter to me Lord Edmure, the ppl in the castle don't matter. only Cersei. my little cat sleeping on my RV bed as i type this, only matters. and if i have to slaughter every Tully to get back to her i will. only what's in front of me and sleeps with me and is my companion matters. none of your crappy useless politics. only Cersei.

that's my secret with animals. it's loyalty to a fault.

everyone should have something that really matters to them.

Comment

I told ya there was a Brooklyn 99 scene that can explain everything:

Comment

Working...
                            X