2K20: Josh Donaldson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20: Josh Donaldson

To the Twins...never saw that coming. I assumed the Nats or even more the Braves. 4 years not sure of $

Everything that I've heard was that he was locked in on 4 years, and a certain AAV. My guess is that the Twins just said the hell with it, we'll put up with a part time player in his last season.

The Braves, OTOH, have options, and an even cheaper ownership group that Minnesota. I've guessing the Nats were happy with Castro and Cabrera, and probably will re-sign Zimmerman.

Twins won't pitch much, but they'll damn well outslug most teams.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I’m more optimistic than you, Horns. You have a solid, though pretty unknown bullpen (Rogers, Romo, May, Duffey) and of Graterol goes to the pen, too, it could be spectacular. You have a legit 1, decent 2, and, well hope, smoke and mirrors at 3/4/5. The Brewers won the NL Central with less.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        To the Twins...never saw that coming. I assumed the Nats or even more the Braves. 4 years not sure of $
        4 years/$92 million.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Everything that I've heard was that he was locked in on 4 years, and a certain AAV. My guess is that the Twins just said the hell with it, we'll put up with a part time player in his last season.

The Braves, OTOH, have options, and an even cheaper ownership group that Minnesota. I've guessing the Nats were happy with Castro and Cabrera, and probably will re-sign Zimmerman.

Twins won't pitch much, but they'll damn well outslug most teams.
          Twins had the advantage of knowing they could use him as the DH at the end. But yeah, not great for the Braves. Not sure what they will do. Could be Castellanos or Ozuna. Could be a trade. Could just be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Twins had the advantage of knowing they could use him as the DH at the end. But yeah, not great for the Braves. Not sure what they will do. Could be Castellanos or Ozuna. Could be a trade. Could just be cheap.
            Maybe Marte.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Maybe Marte.
              Maybe Kris Bryant.

Comment

Nope! Yangervis Solarte!!! Big signing...big. Damn, when the Twins outbid you (and with a substandard offer, mind you, IMO), you are a cheap organization. Good thing that they snookered Acuna and Albies into signing those long term deals at what will end up being well below market value.

Yes I know, both players are set for life...doesn't change the fact they left 10's of millions on the table.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Nope! Yangervis Solarte!!! Big signing...big. Damn, when the Twins outbid you (and with a substandard offer, mind you, IMO), you are a cheap organization. Good thing that they snookered Acuna and Albies into signing those long term deals at what will end up being well below market value.

Yes I know, both players are set for life...doesn't change the fact they left 10's of millions on the table.
                  Albies' was just highway robbery. Acuna's was a hell of a lot more money. And either could have a career ending injury the next game they play. I do admit, however, to worrying after the Albies extension that it was like the Singleton one and he planned to spend it all on weed. And forget Solarte. We re-signed Hecheverria today!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Albies' was just highway robbery. Acuna's was a hell of a lot more money. And either could have a career ending injury the next game they play. I do admit, however, to worrying after the Albies extension that it was like the Singleton one and he planned to spend it all on weed. And forget Solarte. We re-signed Hecheverria today!
                    Woo Hoo! Championship!

I get that it's a lot of money, no matter how you cut it, especially if the player lives back in his home country where the money will go much further. BUT, you look at the contracts being handed out now, Rendon, The numbers being thrown around for Mookie and Lindor, and you can see that these guys will be seriously underpaid in a few years. But hey, nobody had a gun to their heads...I think.

But the good thing is that I probably now have a solid .230 hitter at 3rd in my NL only in Riley.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Woo Hoo! Championship!

I get that it's a lot of money, no matter how you cut it, especially if the player lives back in his home country where the money will go much further. BUT, you look at the contracts being handed out now, Rendon, The numbers being thrown around for Mookie and Lindor, and you can see that these guys will be seriously underpaid in a few years. But hey, nobody had a gun to their heads...I think.

But the good thing is that I probably now have a solid .230 hitter at 3rd in my NL only in Riley.
                      If he hits .230, the Braves are in good shape! Yes, they are underpaid, Albies criminally so. Acuna not as much as he basically took the risk out to get $100 million and be a free agent at 29. His made sense. Albies didn't remotely make sense. The scary thing is that the Braves already have their highest opening day payroll ever right now (due to all the relievers they signed or took on at the deadline last year). I do miss Ted. If he never sold out to Time Warner (who then sold out to AOL and then everything went sideways), we'd be paying the luxury tax every year, lol.

Comment

Steamer has him at 644 PA, 267/369/527, 36 HR, 103 RBI, 100 R, 4 SB. Given health (always a question) I will take the over on RBIs for sure. I think the Twins will have enough good hitters behind him that 100 runs is reasonable.

Comment

Yes he was very good in Atlanta last year, and his ability isn't a concern. But what is a concern is he will be 34 on opening day and 2 of the last 3 years he has missed considerable time to injury.

Could he produce something like last year absolutely, but I think the prudent bet is on the under.

I do like the move to Minnesota, and the ability to DH as the contract extends into later 30's.
                          Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

I just traded for him. I hope he has another good year or two left in him. I'm sure Minny hopes the same!

Comment

He's just an injury risk. Not really a performance risk. This year, however, Cruz is still around, so he doesn't really have much of a DH option. By the end of the contract, he does, one would assume.

Comment

Working...
                              X