No announcement yet.

2020 NFL Off-Season Arrest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm.....I'm gonna say both revo and JJ are right about Beckham. Is he underplaying his ability by a wide margin? I just don't know how anyone can say no to that question. Sure, Mayfield had a bad year, but Beckham was outcaught AND outgained by DaVante Parker (led by Miami's dynamic duo of QBs), Kenny Golladay (with a very much second-rate second stringer throwing to him much of the year), Keenan Allen (by a clearly declining Phillip Rivers), DJ Moore (second string QB and his own inexperience), Allen Robinson (Trubisky. If you even begin the discussion that Mayfield isn't better than Trubisky, I'll be shocked), and Cooper Kupp (who shouldn't be in the same building as OBJ talent-wise). He was outgained (though with less catches) than such luminaries as Michael Gallup (!!), John Brown, and AJ Brown.

That list just has the guys that I think - with the exception of Golladay - that are nowhere near OBJ's ability level. There's a host of other premier receivers I didn't list. A similar list could be created for 2018.

OTOH, I agree with revo on the top 5 in terms of talent; I'd even rate him top 3 and wouldn't argue with anyone who said he was #1. And he certainly has past production to back it up.

But right now, it's not merely a bad QB situation that's not translating his talent to production. 2019 makes that pretty much gin-clear.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Browns OL and former 2nd overall pick Greg Robinson was arrested for possessing 157 lbs of marijuana.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Browns OL and former 2nd overall pick Greg Robinson was arrested for possessing 157 lbs of marijuana.
        Shades of Bam Morris.
        http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/nfl/id/1848946
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ex-Bengals and Dolphins RB Mark Walton was arrested early Thursday morning following a "verbal dispute with the mother of his child."

Police report there was "no physical contact between Walton and the woman." The arrest is Walton's fifth in the past 12 months. Walton has been previously accused of "punching his five-week pregnant girlfriend several times in the face and head." Although he is only 22 years old, Walton's NFL career is over.
          Source: WSVN.com
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Ex-Bengals and Dolphins RB Mark Walton was arrested early Thursday morning following a "verbal dispute with the mother of his child."

Police report there was "no physical contact between Walton and the woman." The arrest is Walton's fifth in the past 12 months. Walton has been previously accused of "punching his five-week pregnant girlfriend several times in the face and head." Although he is only 22 years old, Walton's NFL career is over.
            Source: WSVN.com
            Welcome back, Walton!

Comment

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports former Packers and Jets and current free agent DT Muhammad Wilkerson was arrested earlier this week by New Jersey State Police for DWI, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jets DT Quinnen Williams was arrested Thursday night for criminal possession of a weapon after attempting to board a flight while carrying a handgun.

Williams was carrying a gun with an Alabama permit but detained prior to boarding a flight at LaGuardia Airport.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, he’s not in the NFL anymore, but Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (KGB) was arrested again after his divorce hearing. He was coaching high school kids ten years ago and normal and enthusiastic. He’s full-out off the deep end now. Looks like head injuries are claiming another NFL player...
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

TMZ reports Giants CB Deandre Baker and Seahawks CB Quinton Dunbar have been "accused of armed robbery" and had warrants issued for their arrest. Baker was a 2019 first round draft pick.

The gossip site reports Baker is facing four charges of armed robbery and four charges of aggravated assault with a firearm following two alleged incidents in Miramar, Fla. It is the same for Dunbar, minus the assault charges. Baker is alleged to have "whipped out a semi-automatic firearm" before he and Dunbar "began to rob party guests, taking watches and other valuables at the direction of Baker." Baker is also alleged to have asked a third man to shoot someone. No shooting took place, however. The duo allegedly departed with "$7,000 in cash and valuable watches including an $18,000 Rolex watch, a $25,000 Hublot and a pricey Audemars Piguet timepiece."

One witness told cops they had met Baker and Dunbar at a party a few days earlier in Miami -- at which the NFL players had "lost" around $70,000.

Our sources tell us the men had "lost" the money in high-stakes card games and other forms of gambling.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Early Saturday morning, Washington Redskins wide receiver Cody Latimer was arrested on several charges in Douglas County, Colorado. According to the Douglas County Sheriff, Latimer was booked on assault in the second degree, menacing, illegal discharge of a firearm, prohibited use of a weapon and reckless endangerment. He is being held on a $25,000 bond.

Comment

TMZ reports Giants CB Deandre Baker and Seahawks CB Quinton Dunbar have been "accused of armed robbery" and had warrants issued for their arrest. Baker was a 2019 first round draft pick.

The gossip site reports Baker is facing four charges of armed robbery and four charges of aggravated assault with a firearm following two alleged incidents in Miramar, Fla. It is the same for Dunbar, minus the assault charges. Baker is alleged to have "whipped out a semi-automatic firearm" before he and Dunbar "began to rob party guests, taking watches and other valuables at the direction of Baker." Baker is also alleged to have asked a third man to shoot someone. No shooting took place, however. The duo allegedly departed with "$7,000 in cash and valuable watches including an $18,000 Rolex watch, a $25,000 Hublot and a pricey Audemars Piguet timepiece."

One witness told cops they had met Baker and Dunbar at a party a few days earlier in Miami -- at which the NFL players had "lost" around $70,000.

Our sources tell us the men had "lost" the money in high-stakes card games and other forms of gambling.
                        Both Baker & Dunbar turned themselves in to Miramar PD on Saturday and will appear in court on Sunday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Buffalo Bills defensive lineman Ed Oliver was arrested on Saturday night in Houston on charges of driving while intoxicated and unlawfully carrying a weapon, according to the Montgomery Country Police Reporter.

Comment

Both Baker & Dunbar turned themselves in to Miramar PD on Saturday and will appear in court on Sunday.
                            Both were released on bond Sunday. No date given for their next court appearance.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Not even a pandemic can slow this thread down!

Comment

Giants CB Deandre Baker pleaded not guilty for all eight charges related to the alleged armed robbery in Miramar last week.

The charges include four counts of armed robbery with a firearm and four counts of aggravated assault with a firearm. Baker will also reportedly seek trial by jury. Quinton Dunbar has yet to file his plea, but one would imagine he states the same after his lawyer's most recent claim of "a fabrication." Baker remains barred from the Giants' virtual meetings for the foreseeable future.
                                Source: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X