Hdid on trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hdid on trades

Through a couple of deals, gave bauer 11 for 1 year, hicks 9 thru 2021 for conforto 17 thru 2021, treinen 13 thru 2021, and prospect Logan Gilbert.

I see Hicks and Treinen as a wash as undesirable deals, though Treinen costs more. Pitching is a premium cuz this is a pts league, but Conforto for the extra year is nice. I lost $10 in the auction, but got logan gilbert, who I can trade for more than a $10 player later.

Wow, I think you did really well in these deals - Hicks is toast for at least half a season, right? With Conforto’s high OBP, he should be good in points leagues and Gilbert is a good prospect.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Wow, I think you did really well in these deals - Hicks is toast for at least half a season, right? With Conforto’s high OBP, he should be good in points leagues and Gilbert is a good prospect.
      Yeah, I am happy with it. Ours is a K heavy pt system so I hated to lose Bauer, and I didn't want to take Treinen on. It will cost $20 for me to buy him out. I might keep him though with the hope he is a serviceable RP (we get half as many pts for holds as saves, so top end MRs are good). The play there would be to hope he pitches well enough to land a closer gig in 2021). Do you think it is worth holding him at $13, or should I eat the $20 now so I don't have to pay $13 again next year? This is a 16 team league.

Comment

I’d keep him. He’s likely the 8th inning guy on the very good Dodgers. If he’s healthy, there’s good upside and it’s not like Jansen is a mortal lock to hold the closer job or stay healthy.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X