Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20: Danny Santana

Where did this come from?

After having just 13 HRs in over 1,000 MLB PAs, the journeyman smoked 28 longballs and added 21 SBs to go along with a .283/.324/.534 batting line. He's now virtually assured full-time ABs in Texas, and will have multi-position eligibility to boot.

But a .353 BABIP and 15.9% HR/FB rate may portend to a correction. Or I could be wrong, lol.

The speed was always there. The power, not so much. In his career, he's been very BABIP-influenced. I'm looking for a correction here and not sure I'd go out of my way to acquire him.

I agree with discounting the average and power, but maybe not as much as you are. Discount his average down to his career mark of .264, pull him back to 20 HR (take a look at his minor league numbers from 2018, they support the breakout in 2019 to some extent). Give him some regression on R/RBI and you're sitting .265, 20 HR and SB, 70 R and RBI. That's a $15 player in a mixed league or a $20 player in an only league, which is around what he appears to be going for.

So I could see buying. I also think we'll learn more on playing time in spring training. Right now the Rangers don't actually have a CF unless you think they are running Gallo out there full time.

If Santana gets full time ABs I could see buying here. I'm not paying for 2019 numbers, but I don't think you have to pay full 2019 price since he earned $25-$30 last year.

Comment

The Rangers did say, at least as of their current roster makeup, that he's their primary CFer. So that we know.

His ADP is 125, which means he's going immediately ahead of:
      Elvis Andrus
      Michael Brantley
      Kenley Jansen
      Amed Rosario
      Eduardo Rodriguez

That seems like a high price to pay. Obviously, the buyers are expecting another 20-20 season. His inconsistency is making me think twice.

Comment

In a league where he qualifies at 2B (15 games last year) his value is probably doubled. What will the park in TEX play like this year? His exit velo and launch angle look really good and even if the ball isn't quite as juicy, I still think he hits bombs. I'm just not sure about literally anything else - AVG could be an issue, not sure he runs that much again, not sure about the park, not sure where he hits in the lineup...

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          In a league where he qualifies at 2B (15 games last year) his value is probably doubled. What will the park in TEX play like this year? His exit velo and launch angle look really good and even if the ball isn't quite as juicy, I still think he hits bombs. I'm just not sure about literally anything else - AVG could be an issue, not sure he runs that much again, not sure about the park, not sure where he hits in the lineup...
          That is the question. The jetstream to right was on hot summer nights. With the new park, the roof will be closed.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
          X