Another RJEL thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another RJEL thing

18-team 5x5 using OBP, deep minors. 10 keepers. I have good ones. Trading Trout midseason helps a lot with that, though man I wish I hadn't included Bieber in the deal.

Tatis Jr $3A
    Guerrero Jr $4A
    Pham $15/2021
    Victor Robles $6A
    Mondesi $1opt

Flaherty $1B
    Manaea $1B
    Montas $2B
    Morton $7X
    Hansel Robles $5B

possibly relevant minors: Bobby Bradley $3, Gorman $6, Yu Chang $2, Luciano $5, Monte Harrison $6, Gore $6, Spencer Howard $3

possibly relevant majors if I did a 2 for 1 or something: Renato Nunez $5B, Pillar $5B, Civale $5B

Main questions are how much I should extend Mondesi and how hard I should try to diversify my hitters - Steamer has me with 121 SB, CBS with something like 140, which is rather more than I feel like I need to go into the draft with.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I would extend Mondesi to $16. His OBP issues are a long term concern, and going more than 4 years gets risky for long term injury, or SB decline. Also, extensions seem shorter in this league in general.

I would look at your SB advantage as such. All the SB guys have keeper value beyond 2020, so all will be trade chips for you at the deadline. Better to hoard the SB, giving you ability to dangle a scarce quantity at the deadline.

The only guy I'm not so high on is Manaea. If I were you, I'd consider the cheap power offered by R. Nunez, given that Baltimore has such a terrible lineup, he's bound to occupy a 3-5 spot. Kind of a double edged sword though.

Unbelievable keeper list you've assembled. Good work.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      I would extend Mondesi to $16. His OBP issues are a long term concern, and going more than 4 years gets risky for long term injury, or SB decline. Also, extensions seem shorter in this league in general.

I would look at your SB advantage as such. All the SB guys have keeper value beyond 2020, so all will be trade chips for you at the deadline. Better to hoard the SB, giving you ability to dangle a scarce quantity at the deadline.

The only guy I'm not so high on is Manaea. If I were you, I'd consider the cheap power offered by R. Nunez, given that Baltimore has such a terrible lineup, he's bound to occupy a 3-5 spot. Kind of a double edged sword though.

Unbelievable keeper list you've assembled. Good work.
      I'd be on the fence between extending 2 or 3 years. And yes, it's a really nice keeper list.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Good squad, a couple of years away with the youth, but in 2021 or 2022, watch out. I'll be the contrarian and say only extend Mondesi for 2 seasons. His OBP is a killer in this league if he gets 600 AB's...I just don't have faith that he can learn to get it up to the .330 level. I also wouldn't be too sure that Robles holds the job all year, but for 5 bucks, it's a good gamble.

You probably need one big bopper with a 40 HR potential, Tatis may eventually be that guy, but right now, they're 25+ guys.

Like Doig, you'll have a lot to spend, and with Trout out there for the 1st time, Someone is going to spend well over 60...might be you again?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

That's a great list of keepers. Lots of youth, so maybe you're a little more susceptible to volatility, but you can temper that at draft.

Comment

Working...
          X