Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
    I’m the Devil now? ��

I just wanted Senzel back on my team and didn’t like having 3 expiring contracts. Plus I like the top-4 of this minor league draft. Wanted Martínez from you as well but nice job not letting me sneak him thru!
    I'm curious to see who goes number 4, it was originally my pick before I moved down.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I'm curious to see who goes number 4, it was originally my pick before I moved down.
      Yeah I had 3 guys I was looking at they'll all be gone when I pick at 16.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        These drafts are very subjective so depends a lot of how the aggressive the owners are at the top (and with Andy at 1:1 it’s aggressive right now!). I remember the year I took Acuna at 1.10. He was my 3rd pick at that point as I took Senzel 1.1 and the great Kevin Maitan at like 1.4. Oops...

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Anytime you deal with the best owner in the league--you're always second guessing
          Thanks man but you’re too kind. This league is full of sharks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
            These drafts are very subjective so depends a lot of how the aggressive the owners are at the top (and with Andy at 1:1 it’s aggressive right now!). I remember the year I took Acuna at 1.10. He was my 3rd pick at that point as I took Senzel 1.1 and the great Kevin Maitan at like 1.4. Oops...
            I haven't done a ton of research but it looked like possibly a drop off after three....but there are certainly guys who I expect to be available after the third pick that I like a lot.
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Someone in this league will pick Dominguez high. Then there are also 4 from the draft I like a lot but Bleday is one of them and I can see how that archetype might not be for everyone. He’s more of a Benintendi type than loud tools but he’ll be up quickly.

Comment

Just made a trade--I wanted to avoid getting into a bidding war for another top arm at the draft so deal Orvelis Martinez for a $46 Verlander. That solve the Cueto/Luchessi debate IMO. I'm now set going into the Draft with the following:

Grandal $2b
                Franmil $11b
                J. Ramirez $12/2020
                Didi $10a
                Santander $3a

Clevenger $6/2020
                E Diaz $7/2020
                Lamet $2a
                Verlander $46a
                Berrios $9/2020

It leaves me with about $158 at the auction, but I'm pretty set on the pitching side of things.

Thoughts?
                Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 02-01-2020, 05:37 PM.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It's fine. I guess there's something to be said for certainty if you didn't think you had a keeper with actual profit, but given that Verlander was 46 last year and did what he was supposed to and got a year older, I can't imagine him having gone for more.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

That’s a dominant pitching staff in a league this deep. Heck, Verlander, Clevinger, Berrios and Lamet are a good top 4 for a 12-team league. You have some serious hitting to buy, but it’s not like you don’t have enough cash to strongly augment your team. I’m very interested to see your team post auction - and good luck!
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      It's fine. I guess there's something to be said for certainty if you didn't think you had a keeper with actual profit, but given that Verlander was 46 last year and did what he was supposed to and got a year older, I can't imagine him having gone for more.
                      I see your point, but I struggle at auctions going the extra buck for pitching. I just can't pull the trigger. I wanted my pitching to be in the bag so I can go after hitting, which I have no issues paying toe extra buck or two. And I'm sure I'll need to.

Thanks!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        That’s a dominant pitching staff in a league this deep. Heck, Verlander, Clevinger, Berrios and Lamet are a good top 4 for a 12-team league. You have some serious hitting to buy, but it’s not like you don’t have enough cash to strongly augment your team. I’m very interested to see your team post auction - and good luck!
                        Thanks--I'll keep you posted.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          I see your point, but I struggle at auctions going the extra buck for pitching. I just can't pull the trigger. I wanted my pitching to be in the bag so I can go after hitting, which I have no issues paying toe extra buck or two. And I'm sure I'll need to.

Thanks!
                          Yep and that is why I think it was a good move.

I too will be interested to see your post auction roster.

Comment

Well it looks like I have to drop Verlander. I just can't seem to find a way to justify keeping him at that salary with the lat strain. I'll go into the auction with more money but only 9 players.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                            X