All too early AL Starting Pitcher brief writeups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Gerrit Cole – Did his season feel a little disappointing, or am I the only one?
    It was an expected adjustment year from Cole. He pitched well but not great like we saw in 2019. And that was disappointing. New organization, new city, new catchers, new residence, etc. All distractions that likely affected his routine between starts. I expect Cole to return to his 2019 level of performance next season. I think we got a glimpse of it on Tuesday night.

But, speaking of the new catchers, with Gary Sanchez catching his first 8 starts, Cole had a 3.91 era, 1.11 whip, & a 60/12 K/BB ratio over 46 ip.

With Kyle Higashioka becoming his personal catcher his last 5 starts (including Tuesday's playoff game), Cole has a 1.32 era, 0.74 whip, & a 47/5 K/BB ratio over 34 ip.

The Yankees may have to give Higashioka a raise this off-season.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      It was an expected adjustment year from Cole. He pitched well but not great like we saw in 2019. And that was disappointing. New organization, new city, new catchers, new residence, etc. All distractions that likely affected his routine between starts. I expect Cole to return to his 2019 level of performance next season. I think we got a glimpse of it on Tuesday night.

But, speaking of the new catchers, with Gary Sanchez catching his first 8 starts, Cole had a 3.91 era, 1.11 whip, & a 60/12 K/BB ratio over 46 ip.

With Kyle Higashioka becoming his personal catcher his last 5 starts (including Tuesday's playoff game), Cole has a 1.32 era, 0.74 whip, & a 47/5 K/BB ratio over 34 ip.

The Yankees may have to give Higashioka a raise this off-season.
      Good stuff.

I traded for Cole to make a run. Was disappointed that his first 3 games under my ownership sucked. He was a $41 lame duck contract that did not give me enough of what I needed so the disappointment continued. Decided not to pursue him in next years auction.

After reading your post, I may have to rethink that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X