2k20 Julio Urias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k20 Julio Urias

The owner in our 12 Team NL only 5x5 is doing a full on rebuild. He has posted a 12B Urias.

He will go to the highest reserve round draft pick offered.

He is not worth giving a raise to, so he would be played out at $12 this year.

What would you guys pay for him this year?

Not much, how much more than $12 would he go for in your auction? Can't be much more? Why would you pay for the right to keep an on par (or worse perhaps) contract for one year - as you said he's not worth giving a raise to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Not much, how much more than $12 would he go for in your auction? Can't be much more? Why would you pay for the right to keep an on par (or worse perhaps) contract for one year - as you said he's not worth giving a raise to.
      I don't know. I am too biased on this one. I had him as a prospect for a while then traded him for a run. I am still a believer that he is going to be an ace. That is why i am asking what real people who play this game would pay for him.

Comment

I'd guess $8-10 on average, $15 on the top end. But that's the price you'd expect to pay for him on a new contract. Some small discount needs to be applied for the expiring contract, and then whatever you need to give up to get him. Doesn't seem very attractive to me.

Comment

I think we won't know his true value until ST, but as of right now, he's probably in the rotation. That means his innings should get boosted to 135-150 per Dodger starting pitcher standards, so $12 in an NL only seems a bit underpriced. But the day he's announced as an actual starter his value will shoot up, so you'd need to secure his services now.

I don't know who may be a reserve rounder in your league, but those are typically whatever's left after 300 or so picks?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I'd guess $8-10 on average, $15 on the top end. But that's the price you'd expect to pay for him on a new contract. Some small discount needs to be applied for the expiring contract, and then whatever you need to give up to get him. Doesn't seem very attractive to me.
            When we get down into the 5th round and on. It mostly is filler or really young prospects. If I sacrificed one of those it would be no big deal to throw him back and rebid. Might be a fun way to go.

If someone else grabs him now he won't be back in. And $12 doesn't dent anybody enough.

Comment

If I had to invest that much, I'd want something past this year. I'd pass as is.

Comment

To me it depends largely on what you are trying to accomplish this year.

If you are thinking you'll be contending for the championship I like Urias, if not, not so much.

What do think his realistic range of outcomes are? Me peronally, I believe the skills are unquestionable and I don't see him earning much less than $10. On the other hand, I could see him putting it together and earning $20 and being a significant piece on a contender.
                Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

His starting job possibility just took a hit with the Dodgers' signing of Alex Wood.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    His starting job possibility just took a hit with the Dodgers' signing of Alex Wood.
                    Could be. I am thinking this signing will effect May and Stripling more than Urias?

The Dodgers sure are stocking up on arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Could be. I am thinking this signing will effect May and Stripling more than Urias?

The Dodgers sure are stocking up on arms.
                      Stripling appeared bound for the bullpen in any event.

May, who knows. They used both him and Urias as starters and relievers last season, and it's very possible they do the same this year.

Regardless of his role, I think like with Maeda, they'll cap Urias' innings probably to 110-130.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        I don't know. I am too biased on this one. I had him as a prospect for a while then traded him for a run. I am still a believer that he is going to be an ace. That is why i am asking what real people who play this game would pay for him.
                        Go with your gut. Nothing more fun than getting a guy back you drafted as a minor and seeing him flourish. I traded him for a run a few years ago and would take the gamble for $12. No matter the return it'll be a fun ride.

Comment

There is a lot of talent on the Dodgers in the running for the rotation. I like Urias and Gonsolin this year. We'll see about their roles. I see May, Wood and Stripling in the pen and not sure what to make of Nelson til we see if he's back.
                          Then there is the possibility that one of Buehler, Kershaw or Maeda miss time for real (not just Dodger rest 15 day IL).

So I agree with the poster who said 135-150 for Urias, maybe more. I want him and would pay $12.

Comment

Originally posted by NL Only View Post
                            There is a lot of talent on the Dodgers in the running for the rotation. I like Urias and Gonsolin this year. We'll see about their roles. I see May, Wood and Stripling in the pen and not sure what to make of Nelson til we see if he's back.
                            Then there is the possibility that one of Buehler, Kershaw or Maeda miss time for real (not just Dodger rest 15 day IL).

So I agree with the poster who said 135-150 for Urias, maybe more. I want him and would pay $12.
                            Haven't we all figured this out by now? All of those guys will start. Nobody will get enough innings to be super-valuable. It's what the Dodgers do. They lost Hill and Ryu, so they are just restocking their 8-10 man rotation. It's like trying to figure out who closes in Tampa. Nobody. Everybody. Your head starts hurting after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Haven't we all figured this out by now? All of those guys will start. Nobody will get enough innings to be super-valuable. It's what the Dodgers do. They lost Hill and Ryu, so they are just restocking their 8-10 man rotation. It's like trying to figure out who closes in Tampa. Nobody. Everybody. Your head starts hurting after a while.
                              But with so few pitchers topping 180 innings these days, a guy who throws 130 good innings is more valuable than he used to be. Can Urias put up 130 good innings? That's the real question. Related but also relevant is what those innings will look like, and if they'll be in a useable format for those of us in weekly transaction leagues, especially weekly mixed leagues where the replacement level isn't too bad. In a 12-team NL only you're probably leaving him active even if he's spending a month as a setup guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X