No announcement yet.

Have I got an NFL quarterback for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I got an NFL quarterback for you!

Jim Steeg
    @jimsteeg
    ·
    21m
    Brady, Brees, Rivers, Winston, Newton, Prescott, Tannehill, Dalton, Flacco, Bridgewater, Rosen, Mariota -

has there ever been an NFL offseason with this quality of quarterbacks potentially available as free agents or easy trades? It will be interesting to see how the dominoes fall

[he forgot Eli - or did he?]
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Have to wonder if the Steelers will look for an experienced backup QB for next season and possible future QB. Rudolph & Hodges wasted a great second half by the Steelers defense in 2019.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

saw a good clip of a Steelers fan with a Hodges jersey on in the stands of the last game. after he gets pulled, dude pulls out his Rudolph jersey and puts that on (with a red nose, too, iirc)
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Brees, Cam, Prescott, Winston & Tannehill are likely staying.

Brady, quite frankly, has very little options left, despite being the GOAT. My buddy says he's going to go to the Chargers if the Pats dump him, which is unlikely in itself. If you take a look at the QB landscape, honestly, who would you dump in favor of Brady? My bet is the Pats draft a QB and let Brady start one more year.

Rivers may be done. If he doesn't re-sign, then he's going to retire.

Mariota is a backup wherever he lands.

Bridgewater is a solid game manager type. If the Dolphins don't draft another QB, he could end up there. Otherwise, he's another top backup type wherever he goes. He chose NO once, he may as well stick around again.

Dalton is a backup at this stage of his career. He probably returns to Cincy, if the price is right, to backup Burrow. If he thinks he can start somewhere, good luck to him.

Flacco is done. Plus, he has a huge $13.6m cap hit if he's cut.

Rosen is a conundrum. He obviously couldn't start in Miami despite the high price they paid for him (a 2nd and a 5th). Miami could cut their losses and just take what they could get for him, but why? Let him stew at this point, what's the harm? He's still on his very reasonable rookie contract.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Brees, Cam, Prescott, Winston & Tannehill are likely staying.

Brady, quite frankly, has very little options left, despite being the GOAT. My buddy says he's going to go to the Chargers if the Pats dump him, which is unlikely in itself. If you take a look at the QB landscape, honestly, who would you dump in favor of Brady? My bet is the Pats draft a QB and let Brady start one more year.

Rivers may be done. If he doesn't re-sign, then he's going to retire.

Mariota is a backup wherever he lands.

Bridgewater is a solid game manager type. If the Dolphins don't draft another QB, he could end up there. Otherwise, he's another top backup type wherever he goes. He chose NO once, he may as well stick around again.

Dalton is a backup at this stage of his career. He probably returns to Cincy, if the price is right, to backup Burrow. If he thinks he can start somewhere, good luck to him.

Flacco is done.

Rosen is a conundrum. He obviously couldn't start in Miami despite the high price they paid for him (a 2nd and a 5th). Miami could cut their losses and just take what they could get for him, but why? Let him stew at this point, what's the harm? He's still on his very reasonable rookie contract.
          Good stuff!

I wonder if the Bears would consider Bridgewater as competition for Mitch T. With the loser being the back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Good stuff!

I wonder if the Bears would consider Bridgewater as competition for Mitch T. With the loser being the back up.
            With Brees about to turn 41, I would think if Bridgewater is unable to land a guaranteed starting gig somewhere, he re-signs in NO.

Comment

Sports reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. has been "told" the Raiders are prepared to offer impending free agent Tom Brady a two-year, $60 million contract.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Sports reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. has been "told" the Raiders are prepared to offer impending free agent Tom Brady a two-year, $60 million contract.
                I am not sure why, but I really really hope this happens!

Comment

Also, Taysom Hill is an RFA and the Saints expect there to be a lot of interest in him, even if they tag him with a 1st rd tender.

And the Saints publicly declared Hill as the QB in waiting (if he stays), so Bridgewater is now almost certainly going to depart.

Comment

Also, Taysom Hill is an RFA and the Saints expect there to be a lot of interest in him, even if they tag him with a 1st rd tender.

And the Saints publicly declared Hill as the QB in waiting (if he stays), so Bridgewater is now almost certainly going to depart.
                    I know that this will never happen, but what's to prevent Brees from playing for the NFL minimum? I'm guessing that he's set financially, and if he wants one more run at a Super Bowl, it's be a good way to keep the gang together.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I know that this will never happen, but what's to prevent Brees from playing for the NFL minimum? I'm guessing that he's set financially, and if he wants one more run at a Super Bowl, it's be a good way to keep the gang together.
                      My guess is the NFLPA will never go for something like that.

Comment

I've always been a dreamer...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Steelers QB Mason Rudolph called Myles Garrett's assertion that he used a racial slur during an altercation last season a "bold-faced lie" and "1000% false."

"I did not, have not, and would not utter a racial slur," tweeted Rudolph. "This is a disgusting and reckless attempt to assassinate my character." Garrett was suspended for the final six games of 2019 after bashing Rudolph over the head with his own helmet, a response he said was triggered by Rudolph's use of a racial epithet. Despite there being no audio to back up his claim, Garrett repeated his assertion in a recent interview with ESPN's Mina Kimes. Not only has Rudolph denied the accusation, but it appears the Steelers backup is prepared to pursue legal action against Garrett. "Mr. Garrett maliciously uses this false allegation to coax sympathy, hoping to be excused for what is clearly inexcusable behavior," Rudolph's lawyer, Timothy Younger, shared in a statement Saturday. "He is now exposed to legal liability." Despite Garrett's reinstatement, this incident is a long way from being resolved.

Source: Mason Rudolph on Twitter

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Drew Brees announced via Instagram that he'll be playing for the Saints in 2020.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

They'd go batshit crazy, you're right, but there's nothing they could do to stop him. That said, knowing Drew Brees, he's far more likely to take the Brady route, which the NFLPA let go quietly - take a below market deal, but not one so crazy low to attract adverse attention.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X