Possible War with Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Because wartime presidents get reelected, duh!
    I agree with B-Fly that it may not be the case this time. If this does turn into a war, I think it hurts Trump, but that may be my naivete, thinking people voting today learned the lesson from Iraq and have no stomach for another prolonged war in the Middle East. On the Dem side, I think agree this helps Sanders the most. It is hard to know which other candidates would have taken us down this road as Trump has, but we all know Sanders is at least one candidate who would not.

Comment

Because wartime presidents get reelected, duh!
      I'm really curious to see how this evolves and how the msm frames this. I think there is a lot of potential for them to turn on him and label him as unhinged, but they will be fighting their instinct to function as cheerleaders for every us military operation. I suspect in the end this will make him "Presidential" like when he bombed Syria.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        "Unprovoked" is quite a take. We've effectively been enemies of Iran since we and the British started the 1953 coup to oust the democratically elected government in Iran in favor of the Shah. Who's responsible for the tit for tat attacks that have been going on between our nations ever since then? This is a case where legitimately both sides have a lot of blood on their hands.
        War is an ugly dirty business.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          War is an ugly dirty business.
          didn't really address your ridiculous claim of "unprovoked".
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I agree with B-Fly that it may not be the case this time. If this does turn into a war, I think it hurts Trump, but that may be my naivete, thinking people voting today learned the lesson from Iraq and have no stomach for another prolonged war in the Middle East. On the Dem side, I think agree this helps Sanders the most. It is hard to know which other candidates would have taken us down this road as Trump has, but we all know Sanders is at least one candidate who would not.
            I was being facetious by trying to use "logic" from a Trump supporter's perspective. Nate Silver seems to think this helps Biden because people trust him more on foreign policy issues. As many have noted, when it comes to war, the USA is a one-party system.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I was being facetious by trying to use "logic" from a Trump supporter's perspective. Nate Silver seems to think this helps Biden most because people trust him most on foreign policy issues. As many have noted, when it comes to war, the USA is a one-party system.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...270452224?s=19
              he's certainly got a stellar record
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was being facetious by trying to use "logic" from a Trump supporter's perspective. Nate Silver seems to think this helps Biden because people trust him more on foreign policy issues. As many have noted, when it comes to war, the USA is a one-party system.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...270452224?s=19
                Yeah, I'm not sure this hurts Trump short term, as most people just knee-jerk rally round the flag without thinking about consequences or whether it hurts or helps U.S. interests. Long term is when people get dissatisfied when they see that U.S. soldiers are dying and no good is being accomplished by it.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

[QUOTE=The Feral Slasher;356320]of course it is good vs. evil, I'm just glad we are always the good guys[/QUOTE

Who do you say are the good guys?

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    didn't really address your ridiculous claim of "unprovoked".
                    No it didn't.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gregg;356336]
                      of course it is good vs. evil, I'm just glad we are always the good guys[/QUOTE

In this case, like most wars, there really aren't many. I'm sure you think it is the country that fabricated reasons to invade a foreign country and kill hundreds of thousands of people.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Go ahead Gregg and tell us all how justified we were in invading Iraq and how great it turned out
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Go ahead Gregg and tell us all how justified we were in invading Iraq and how great it turned out
                          and how we were the good guys when we instigated a coup against the elected leader of Iran and installed a puppet dictator. We are so good.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

[QUOTE=Gregg;356336]
                            of course it is good vs. evil, I'm just glad we are always the good guys[/QUOTE

so i answered your question. Now my turn. Who do you think are the good guys ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

[QUOTE=The Feral Slasher;356347]
                              Originally posted by Gregg View Post

so i answered your question. Now my turn. Who do you think are the good guys ?
                              Clearly u think it is us, why is that ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

fix your quotes!

Comment

Working...
                                X