Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Check on keepers

16 team league with OBA and Holds.

Three mandatory keepers and an optional 4th from this list.

Christian Yelich Mil - OF
    Josh James Hou - SP,RP
    Matt Chapman Oak - 3B
    Paul Goldschmidt StL - 1B
    Robbie Ray Ari - SP
    Ronald Acuña Jr. Atl - OF
    Yu Darvish ChC - SP

The relevant players with options to exercise

Yandy Díaz TB - 1B,3B

Charlie Morton TB - SP
    Lance Lynn Tex - SP
    Shohei Ohtani (Pitcher) LAA - SP
    Andrew Heaney LAA - SP

Given a band-aid on 3B and the thin SP, I am thinking Yu Darvish over Matt Chapman, even in an OBA league.

Here is the whole lineup going into "talent acquisition" phase.

C - Carson Kelly (22)
    1B - Paul Goldschmidt (K)
    2B - Kevin Newmann (11)
    3B - Yandy Diaz (23)
    SS - Adalberto Mondesi (6)
    CI -
    MI - Amed Rosario (7)
    OF - Christian Yelich (K)
    OF - Ronald Acuna (K)
    OF - Vincent Robles (13)
    OF - Luis Robert (20)
    Util - Garrett Hampson (12)

SP - Charlie Morton (9)
    SP - Lance Lynn (w)
    SP - Shohei Ohtani (17)
    SP - Yu Darvish (K)
    RP -
    RP -
    RP -
    P - Andrew Heaney (8)
    P -
    P -

BN - Jo Adell OF
    BN - Wander Franco SS/3B
    BN - Royce Lewis SS
    BN - McKenzie Gore
    BN -
    BN -
    BN -
    BN -
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I would keep Darvish as well.

Comment

I have a trade offer--Patrick Corbin for Mondesi. Both are one and done. I have a ton of team speed--Mondesi, Robles, Rosario, Acuna, Yelich and speed is devalued by the extra stat categories.

I can also consider keeping Matt Chapman over Darvish. Which would you prefer Matt Chapman and Patrick Corbin or Adalberto Mondesi and Yu Darvish?

I countered with Blake Snell for Mondesi.

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 01-17-2020, 08:57 PM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I am confused. What are the prices for your auto-keeps and what are the salary parameters. And is Corbin better than Snell?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          I am confused. What are the prices for your auto-keeps and what are the salary parameters. And is Corbin better than Snell?
          It's a draft league. These are all players who will be kept on their last option year. He offered Corbin for Mondesi. I countered with Snell for Mondesi because I rate Snell a round or so higher. Making a deal for either pitcher gives me the option of keeping Chapman instead of Darvish, which I would like to do.

In summary. I would trade Mondesi for Snell, so I made that as a counter offer and updated the original post to reflect it. If he stands on the original offer of Corbin for Mondesi, I am not sure which way to go.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Oh, I missed that you had Mondesi. Now that part makes more sense. If there are no salaries, what are the numbers in the roster list?

Comment

Oh, I missed that you had Mondesi. Now that part makes more sense. If there are no salaries, what are the numbers in the roster list?
              The options cost a draft pick. That is the round number the option costs this season. They advance four per year, so Mondesi (and Rosario) can only be kept as one of the unrestricted keepers in 2021.

I am also going back and forth about Darvish. On one hand the is the best K/9 SP of them all. When he's on, he's unhittable. On the other hand, he is 33 and erratic as hell. 180 IP of his second half is an Ace. But, he has not done that since 2013.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I like Chapman & Snell or Corbin over Mondesi & Darvish

I'd do either trade

Comment

When you say with OBA and Holds are those in addition to the regular 5x5 categories or replacing other ones? Sort of a big issue on which is better as SB guys like Mondesi and SV guys like Chapman can have wildly varying values based on categories.

Comment

When you say with OBA and Holds are those in addition to the regular 5x5 categories or replacing other ones? Sort of a big issue on which is better as SB guys like Mondesi and SV guys like Chapman can have wildly varying values based on categories.
                    Exactly correct on the categories being in addition to 5x5, but wrong Chapman. I have Matt. My team speed runneth over, but not the power.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Okay, now I get it. Tough one. Speed always can be traded in these times because there isn't enough of it. I would go with Mondesi and Darvish, and I don't trust Darvish at all. Just rack up the steals and flip a speed guy for whatever you need later.

Comment

Interesting approach. I was thinking more in the realm of category kill and wondering if I could do it without him. I think I have enough and he is a hit in the OBA.

That said, if he's .305/.340/.540, 20 HR, 50 SB it would not be the first time, just the first full season. I am reluctant to let that upside go.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

In absolute value, Mondesi and Darvish are significantly better than MChapman and Snell or Corbin. In your team context, the latter is more helpful. I agree with cavebird if you have good success in cutting deals, Mondesi could get you a huge return given the value of speed now.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            In absolute value, Mondesi and Darvish are significantly better than MChapman and Snell or Corbin. In your team context, the latter is more helpful. I agree with cavebird if you have good success in cutting deals, Mondesi could get you a huge return given the value of speed now.
                            This is what I was struggling with to put in my 2 cents. Mondesi and Darvish are better, but not what you team needs now. I think cavebird and chance are correct. The draft/auction is only one part of our game. Trading is a big deal. I am keeping Mondesi and Darvish to start the season.

Comment

That is pretty much where it is sitting. We declare keepers the first week of February. Then the draft, when haggling start in earnest.

Consulting with a dynasty league expert, I was told to put everything into the bullpen. Try to win both holds and saves every week. I have a surplus of SS and the equivalent of a 9th/10th round pick to use.

J
                              Last edited by onejayhawk; 01-20-2020, 11:54 AM.
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X