NFL PLayoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    How does this work ? Is it any different than buying 300 lottery tix imstead of 150 ?
    To combat sharks winning all these big money tourneys, the DFS companies put a limit on how many entries an individual can have. The more entries, the more combinations, and these sharks have the money to blow that your average joe doesn’t.

In this contest, the buy-in was $20 and the limit was 150 entries.

This husband & wife duo bought 300 entries and created 300 unique lineups. That is against their rules banning collusion.

As of now, it still has not been paid out yet.

Comment

to be clear, these two dopey Bachelor types aren't the real sharks - the 1 pct who used to win 95 pct of all the available money and who now still probably scoop up 80 pct at least.

as Revo notes, these two chose specific lineups to maximize their chances - a pool no-no. I'm not sure what DraftKings will do, but their legal and PR people will be burning the midnight oil tonight.

worst of all for DK is that many newer DFS players don't know about this scandalous stuff from 4-5 years ago. some safeguards were put in place, and it kind of died down.

pro tip: if you must try sports predictions, stick to free games (there are plenty, and some have decent prizes. you won't win but you'll break even), or straight point-spread or over/under bets (you'll tend to lose roughly 5 pct of your bankroll over time. if you set reasonable limits and find that likely loss a good bang for your discretionary dollar, that's fine. but if you wonder if it's a good idea to even start going down that road - then listen to that voice, and don't).
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

it took days, but finally an expert speaks. my objections were more to NBC soiling itself by refusing to address the issue, versus what their conclusions were. sometimes you have to step up and be counted...

Rich Eisen: “Was the Clowney hit on Wentz illegal?”

Mike Pereira: “Yea, I do think it is… You hate to go back in history but he knocked Foles out of the game in Week 16 last year with a helmet shot into the sternum which cost him $40,000 and it was called roughing the passer. This is different situation because Wentz has become a runner, but he’s going to the ground, was almost to the ground, and he hits him in the head. It’s not technically late but when I watch that play over and over again, in real time you can see him drop the head and take a shot. I think it’s a foul, and I do think it was a cheap shot.”

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

If you missed the Titans - Patriots game, this was quite amusing.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I knew the Titans defense was good, but i didn't realize it was this good.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And the Ravens were 9.5 point favorites. Another win for the bookies.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher is the newest member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Fame Board recently passed a resolution that suspended the Hall of Fame's Selection Committee Bylaws for the Class of 2020 election cycle only. The measure is intended to honor the NFL's Centennial Celebration through a special Centennial Class that will be comprised of 20 members in 2020. The group will include five Modern-Era players to come from the list announced today in addition to 10 Seniors (a player who has been retired for more than 25 seasons), three Contributors (an individual other than a player or coach) and two Coaches.

The Hall's centennial class was selected by a blue-ribbon panel this past week. The remainder of the 15-member class will be revealed Wednesday morning.

The Modern-Era finalists will be presented to the full 48-member Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee during its annual meeting on Selection Saturday," on Feb. 1, 2020, the day before Super Bowl LIV. The Selection Committee will elect five Modern-Era players for the Class of 2020.

The determination of the Seniors, Contributors and Coaches will be made by a special 25-person Centennial "Blue-Ribbon" Panel who will review the backlog of deserving Seniors, Coaches and Contributors. The Blue-Ribbon Panel is comprised of Hall of Fame Selectors, Pro Football Hall of Famers, media members, football historians and industry experts.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2020 will be introduced during NFL Honors, a two-hour prime-time awards special to air nationally on the eve of Super Bowl LIV at 9 p.m. (ET and PT) on FOX.
                Last edited by madducks; 01-12-2020, 07:30 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

AFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Sun 3:05 PM (CBS TV)
                  Tennessee Titans (9-7)
                  @
                  Kansas City Chiefs (12-4)

NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Sun 6:40 PM (FOX TV)
                  Green Bay Packers (13-3)
                  @
                  San Francisco 49ers (13-3)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Marshawn Lynch with 2 TDs in 2 weeks since returning to the NFL after 14 months off. Looks like he will be the Seahawks goal line back going forward.
                    Two more TDs (1 yard each) for Lynch today, but it's not enough to stop the Packers from visiting San Francisco next week.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Should be very interesting to see how Tennessee's defense matches up against Pat Mahomes & co. next week. Something has to give.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jimmy Johnson was elected into the Football Hall of Fame as well, and got very emotional when surprised with the news live on air.

Comment

It will be very interesting to see who the 10 senior players are from the huge pool who retired more than 25 years ago.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            It will be very interesting to see who the 10 senior players are from the huge pool who retired more than 25 years ago.
                            I think that the late Steelers defensive end L.C. Greenwood has been overlooked long enough. Probably linebacker Andy Russell and safety Donnie Shell too. But, i doubt if voters go for more than one senior player per team.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm old enough to remember those 1970s Steelers teams, and they were truly great.

but are those the last 3 starters on those teams who haven't been elected yet?

#ducksforcover

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                I'm old enough to remember those 1970s Steelers teams, and they were truly great.

but are those the last 3 starters on those teams who haven't been elected yet?

#ducksforcover
                                Right now, there are only 4 members of that defense in the HOF. And 5 from the offense. Plus coach Chuck Noll.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X