- Duke Slater
      - Mac Speedie
      - Ed Sprinkle
      - Alex Karras

The 3 Special Contributors are:
      - George Young
      - Steve Sabol
      - Paul Tagliabue
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm sure there's a tipping point somewhere of having so many Steelers players from those teams in the Hall that it makes sense to evict coach Chuck Noll - because with that many Hall of Famers, even a chimp could win 4 Super Bowls! (come to think of it, the QB was Terry Bradshaw so)

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Nice. If we could evict players from the Hall, wouldn't OJ be gone?

Comment

nobody wants to piss off OJ - nobody

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              I'm sure there's a tipping point somewhere of having so many Steelers players from those teams in the Hall that it makes sense to evict coach Chuck Noll - because with that many Hall of Famers, even a chimp could win 4 Super Bowls! (come to think of it, the QB was Terry Bradshaw so)

Lol, you would have to "evict" a lot of head coaches from the HOF with that kind of thinking. BTW, Bradshaw was the MVP of Super Bowl XIII & Super Bowl XIV.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                What a joke. Shell was very good, but come on now. The Hall of Very Good. sigh
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Outside of Alex Karras, I gotta agree with Mith on the other nine - very good, but hardly Hall worthy. If they were going to choose an Eagle from that era, Stan Walters should have been the guy, hands down. Typical for the Hall - and the Seniors are every bit as guilty as the regular voters - they chose the player with name recognition who was good, but hardly the best, even on his own team in that era.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    What a joke. Shell was very good, but come on now. The Hall of Very Good. sigh
                    Donnie Shell still holds the NFL record for most career interceptions by a strong safety with 51.

Last edited by madducks; 01-26-2020, 11:17 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Outside of Alex Karras, I gotta agree with Mith on the other nine - very good, but hardly Hall worthy. If they were going to choose an Eagle from that era, Stan Walters should have been the guy, hands down. Typical for the Hall - and the Seniors are every bit as guilty as the regular voters - they chose the player with name recognition who was good, but hardly the best, even on his own team in that era.
                      And Karras (and Paul Hornung) were suspended for an entire season due to their admission that they bet on NFL games. Pete Rose, banned for life; Alex Karras & Paul Hornung, HOFers.

Comment

"strong" for Shell because free safety Paul Krause had 81 picks.

also conveniently not mentioned is that INTs are at all-time lows. if Donnie Shell played his career in the 2010s, he'd be lucky to have 20.

I mean, maybe all of the best baseball sluggers played in the early 1930s, or.....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

Maybe the HOF is not good at math.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            And Karras (and Paul Hornung) were suspended for an entire season due to their admission that they bet on NFL games. Pete Rose, banned for life; Alex Karras & Paul Hornung, HOFers.
                            It's likely what kept Karras out, along with the failure of the Lions to win a championship since before I was born. And the lack of Per the Rose and Karras/Hornung comparison - both received the punishment at the time the league commissioners promised if they bet on games.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

After a 50 year absence, the Chiefs are back in the Super Bowl. And coach Andy Reid gets another chance for a ring 15 years after coming up short in his first chance.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

hope SF can win the superbowl. I said jimmy g could do it. it's a good organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X