Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another AL keeper thread

also happy new year everybody!

10-team AL 5x5 using AVG. Normal rosters including 2 catchers. 15 keepers, at least three of which have to be minor leaguers.

Guys I'm pretty sure about (11):
    Salvador Perez 1B
    DJ LeMahieu 5B
    Matt Chapman 9opt
    Trey Mancini 11B
    Joey Gallo 17X
    Oscar Mercado 5B
    Shane Bieber 5opt
    Blake Snell 16/2021
    Wander Franco R
    Jo Adell R
    Julio Rodriguez R

So I need four more:
    Jorge Polanco 15B
    Tom Murphy 10B
    Kyle Lewis 5B
    JD Martinez 46opt
    Carlos Carrasco 21B
    Domingo German 4B
    Sean Manaea 5B
    Brandon Workman 6B
    Vidal Brujan R
    Adley Rutschman R

obviously I have time to find out what German's suspension will be and whether Workman is actually going into the season as the closer. Kyle Lewis seems reasonable but not sure after that.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Given your available open spots, Brujan and Rutschman would be no brainer keeps for me.

Your rookie keepers are sick! Great assets for building or trading.

Comment

Brandon Workman 6B
      Vidal Brujan R
      Adley Rutschman R
      Jorge Polanco 15B

I think that it's pretty easy, unless you think that Workman has the job...and I do. But chasing saves is something I don't mind doing, closers pop up everywhere during a long season. So if you wanted to keep a starter or a bat, easy peasy...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post

So I need four more:

Jorge Polanco 15B
        Domingo German 4B
        Sean Manaea 5B
        Brandon Workman 6B
        Vidal Brujan R
        Adley Rutschman R
        narrowed it down to these 6, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Brandon Workman 6B
          Vidal Brujan R
          Adley Rutschman R
          Jorge Polanco 15B

I think that it's pretty easy, unless you think that Workman has the job...and I do. But chasing saves is something I don't mind doing, closers pop up everywhere during a long season. So if you wanted to keep a starter or a bat, easy peasy...
          I would agree with Horns, except I would swap in Manaea $5 for Polanco $15.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
          X