Alex Reyes--Ultimate Tease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Reyes--Ultimate Tease

The guy has been cursed for years. To the point that I imagine many have soured on him. The dude just can't seem to stay healthy. But that talent--so enticing. Who is going after Reyes in 2020 and who is staying away?

Oh man, I've been burned by him for so long, why not one more time

It all started the year that he got in (exactly) 10 MLB games and I had to protect him the following year or lose him. I've protected him for the last 3 years and got dick from him. This year I'll hope to get him for a minimum bid.

Comment

It's been so long since i even thought about Reyes. I looked around a little, the article below indicates he won't be in the rotation, so chances are he could be had for a low price. I'd probably take a chance on him, but wouldn't spend much more than a buck or two unless he looks healthy and impressive in spring

---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm in for a low price. He went $5 last year in our league last year and a decent chance he'll be kept.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
          I'm in for a low price. He went $5 last year in our league last year and a decent chance he'll be kept.
          NL only I hope, otherwise someone is overpaying.

Comment

I took him as part of a late season trade. NL-only, $5., will be 5-b this season.He's one of those "what if" players that occasionally blossom for us, but I don't get my hopes up either. I will have to decide whether to keep him or throw him back. That's for closer to the season, though!
            Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              NL only I hope, otherwise someone is overpaying.
              9 team NL-only.

Comment

ADP is in the late 300s. That equates to about $2 in a 20 team league.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

his contract in our league ran out in October, so he'll be in the auction.

I'll be playing it by ear as to how soon to call him out to produce the dopiest possible overpay.

sometimes right after the big fish SP goes, the runnersup in that bidding get a little antsy
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'm still in ...but the only reason to take him is to keep him for 2021 in the hopes that he is either back in the rotation or is closing (unlikely with Hicks). Or of course if he is setting up and Holds count in your league then maybe he has value in 2020 as well. Regardless he will be - and should be - cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by NL Only View Post
                      I'm still in ...but the only reason to take him is to keep him for 2021 in the hopes that he is either back in the rotation or is closing (unlikely with Hicks). Or of course if he is setting up and Holds count in your league then maybe he has value in 2020 as well. Regardless he will be - and should be - cheap.
                      Don't forget that Carlos Martinez is the incumbent closer, and while he wants to start, off-season shoulder surgery may put him back in the 'pen.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

It's sad, but he's a pure flyer now. He wouldn't be the first great pitching prospect whose arm fell apart before he could do anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X