Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Keepers

AL / 5x5 / 12 teams / 1 year keepers

Between speculative auction bids and dump trades I have a pretty loaded set of keepers. I can keep up to 12.

Probables:
    CVazquez 1 Biggio 2 LeMahieu 11 Bichette 6 NLowe 5 YAlvarez 1
    Chirinos 1 German 2 McKay 2 Pineda 10

Probably-nots:
    Odor 16 Frazier 10 Hicks 15 Heaney 4 Severino 25

Do I have it right?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I'd keep Heaney instead of Pineda...I can see a nice breakthrough for Heaney this season, and Pineda is going to miss the 1st month+ of the regular season with a PED suspension. Plus you save 6 bucks...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I'd keep Heaney instead of Pineda...I can see a nice breakthrough for Heaney this season, and Pineda is going to miss the 1st month+ of the regular season with a PED suspension. Plus you save 6 bucks...
      I could keep both. I was expecting Heaney to break out last year. Any reason to believe it happens in 2020 2+ years removed from TJ if it hasn't already?

A $10 Pineda out until May is a $12 Pineda for a full season, who I think is a value.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        My initial thought was that he should add Heaney to his keeper list. Seems like a good risk for 4 bucks in a 12 team only.

I didn't think about the Pineda drop but it makes sense to me after reading your comment. I think he might be bought cheaper with a new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          My initial thought was that he should add Heaney to his keeper list. Seems like a good risk for 4 bucks in a 12 team only.

I didn't think about the Pineda drop but it makes sense to me after reading your comment. I think he might be bought cheaper with a new contract.
          Good point. He will miss 39 games which is 7-8 starts. Prob a good move to toss him back as I think the suspension will deter some owners.

Comment

Would you trade Biggio, Bichette or Alvarez (DH) for a $2 Workman and a marginal keeper like Andrus 21 or DFletcher 10?

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Would you trade Biggio, Bichette or Alvarez (DH) for a $2 Workman and a marginal keeper like Andrus 21 or DFletcher 10?
              Someone is trying to fleece you methinks.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't move Alvarez. Not sure about the other guys.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I certainly wouldn't move Alvarez. Not sure about the other guys.
                  You wouldn't move any of them

Comment

No I would not.

I would counter with the $16 Odor straight up for Workman.

Comment

No way. And i agree about throwing back Pineda and keeping Heaney.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

He is looking to trade 2-for-1 as he has too many keeper candidates.

I love cheap closers so I inquired about Workman. With my stacked cheap offense I know I can splurge on one to stay in the middle of the pack.

He will shoot down Odor for Workman due to the perceived value in Workman.

Comment

He is looking to trade 2-for-1 as he has too many keeper candidates.

I love cheap closers so I inquired about Workman. With my stacked cheap offense I know I can splurge on one to stay in the middle of the pack.

He will shoot down Odor for Workman due to the perceived value in Workman.
                          I traded for a $5 and done Workman this off season. There really wasn't a lot of guys wanting to take a chance on Workman. Kennedy 9 and done was the closer our league was going after. Workman's perceived value was not very high in our 12 team AL 5x5.

I am involved with another owner in trying to work out a trade. He has no interest in Workman as he thinks Boston is too quick to change closers.

I do not blame you for trying to get Workman, but I would not give up what he is asking for.

Comment

Working...
                          X