Impeachment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeachment.

I do not know how there is no active thread on this.

The soundtrack for this should be circus music.

This article from the New York Times https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...les/ar-BBYacS8 Is what prompted me to post this thread.

Pelosi is in dangerous territory. She seems to be playing into Trumps hand.

I feel like the Democratic leadership probably should have pushed for the federal courts to compel those witnesses to testify during the House's impeachment inquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I do not know how there is no active thread on this.

The soundtrack for this should be circus music.

This article from the New York Times https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...les/ar-BBYacS8 Is what prompted me to post this thread.

Pelosi is in dangerous territory. She seems to be playing into Trumps hand.
      Support for impeachment has fallen, so Pelosi is looking for a way to stop the Senate trial. Good strategy, if she sticks to it.

Gee, I wonder who could have predicted this disastrous result for the Democrats from pursuing impeachment...
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Gregg, I posted this in the Trump thread. I'm curious on your take on this, and what your perceptive is on this publication.

I wasn't expecting a call for removal of Trump in Christianity Today, but I'm glad to see it. It doesn't seem to have a wide readership, but it does seem to still be an important publication for many evangelicals. I applaud their courage in taking this stance--this will clearly anger many of their readers, but they published it anyway. Does anyone think it will have an impact?

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...om-office.html

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          I feel like the Democratic leadership probably should have pushed for the federal courts to compel those witnesses to testify during the House's impeachment inquiry.
          It would have been tied up in the courts for months and then everyone would be complaining about that.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            Support for impeachment has fallen, so Pelosi is looking for a way to stop the Senate trial. Good strategy, if she sticks to it.

Gee, I wonder who could have predicted this disastrous result for the Democrats from pursuing impeachment...
            Pelosi is looking for a way to avoid McConnell sabotaging the entire proceedings, but keep patting yourself on the back. Tulsi's "present" vote sure was valuable, shame she wasn't in the debate.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

She is in too deep to do that. Trump will use this to show they never had a good enough case to impeach to begin with. He will continue to press forward for his day in court. Guilty or not he wins if it doesn't go to court.

It would be better for the truth to come out in court. If the evidence clearly shows guilt and the Republican Senate acquits him it will help the Democrats in the next election. If the evidence shows innocence it will not.

Comment

She is in too deep to do that. Trump will use this to show they never had a good enough case to impeach to begin with. He will continue to press forward for his day in court. Guilty or not he wins if it doesn't go to court.

It would be better for the truth to come out in court. If the evidence clearly shows guilt and the Republican Senate acquits him it will help the Democrats in the next election. If the evidence shows innocence it will not.
                The evidence of his guilt is already confirmed by his public statements. Obstruction confirmed by his refusal to allow critical witnesses like Bolton, Mulvaney, Giuliani, and Pompeo to testify.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Pelosi is looking for a way to avoid McConnell sabotaging the entire proceedings, but keep patting yourself on the back. Tulsi's "present" vote sure was valuable, shame she wasn't in the debate.
                  She is saying that, but going in she knew it was going to be an uphill climb to win at the Senate level. Now it looks like she is trying to control the proceedings to win at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Gregg, I posted this in the Trump thread. I'm curious on your take on this, and what your perceptive is on this publication.

I wasn't expecting a call for removal of Trump in Christianity Today, but I'm glad to see it. It doesn't seem to have a wide readership, but it does seem to still be an important publication for many evangelicals. I applaud their courage in taking this stance--this will clearly anger many of their readers, but they published it anyway. Does anyone think it will have an impact?

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...om-office.html
                    I did see that. I am not a reader of that publication. I read the article and plan on digging in a bit deeper. I am curious. I have a theory that I want to look at before I comment. Plus I have to leave in a few minutes for a sales call and will be out until later this afternoon.

Comment

She is saying that, but going in she knew it was going to be an uphill climb to win at the Senate level. Now it looks like she is trying to control the proceedings to win at all costs.
                      And should she not be doing that? Why are the Democrats always held to a higher standard? McConnell admitting that he's coordinating with Trump's lawyers is acceptable but her maneuverings are not? The double standard is laughable.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        And should she not be doing that? Why are the Democrats always held to a higher standard? McConnell admitting that he's coordinating with Trump's lawyers is acceptable but her maneuverings are not? The double standard is laughable.
                        I am not saying that. I am saying this is not a good strategy for the upcoming election. She is hurting the party. It does no good if die hard dems love it. It needs to do what the original intention was and that is discredit the Republican candidate.

There is no one (that I know and including RJ) on either side of the fence that went into this impeachment thinking it was going to result in the Senate removing Trump from office.

If that was the goal it was foolish. If this does not go to the Senate it will be even more foolish.

Comment

That depends on your definition of "win". I think she's too smart to think there is even a remote chance of Trump being removed by the Senate. But presumably the Democratic leadership thinks that the testimony from Bolton, Mulvaney, Blair and Duffy would be damaging for Trump and thus good for November 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            That depends on your definition of "win". I think she's too smart to think there is even a remote chance of Trump being removed by the Senate. But presumably the Democratic leadership thinks that the testimony from Bolton, Mulvaney, Blair and Duffy would be damaging for Trump and thus good for November 2020.
                            It looks like we were typing at the same time.

Yes you would think that. But now in order to achieve that it has to be played out. It is on the fence voters that are most at stake. Like baseball you win 60 games you lose 60 games it is what happens with the rest that determine the winner.

Comment

The good news for all you Blue Teamers (IMO) is that the couple of points you lost with the hyper partisan investigation will be gained back once the GOP conducts their hyper partisan show trial. They are going to overplay their hand here as they frequently do. My only caveat being that if Pelosi hangs on to it for too long, it may further cause support for removal to fade. Her smartest play is to send it along and watch the GOP fumble the ball.
                              Another prediction.....this will long be forgotten by next November.

Comment

Working...
                              X