Impeachment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I don't have one. It is just a question.

I used to believe it was alright for me to bully the bullies.
    When a bully gets theirs, it's not called bullying.

It's called justice.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

It's called justice.
      Well, that does leave it open to interpretation about who the bully is. I suppose 1jay would say that Greta Thunberg is a bully for trying to tell people what to do to save the planet. Trump is just giving her what is coming to her. The problem lies in the subjective nature of this.

In general, I'd say it is best to be polite and kind to those who are polite and kind, and to be especially mindful of how you interact with those less powerful than you. Trump doesn't do any of that.

Comment

It's called justice.
        We all like justice unless it happens to us. Who is to determine in walking around life what that looks like. In the courts we have actual judges, but what about just life?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          We all like justice unless it happens to us. Who is to determine in walking around life what that looks like. In the courts we have actual judges, but what about just life?
          Society decides. Things are very different from 100 years ago socially speaking. We use different words now, rather than what was acceptable back then. We hopefully strive to evolve to a place where everyone feels the credo--All Me Are Created Equal--honestly applied.

Certain words and speech have indeed been prohibited by law as this evolution has occurred and society has decides which were and were not acceptable. As each change occurred, there were those who pushed back--those who think the N word is OK to use, the word F*g and on an on, they eventually lost in their attempt to hold onto their bigoted speech as will those pushing back now.

As to Mashers conflation of what bulling in-----Trying to educate someone isn't bullying, this example is not only a false equivalency, but a tactic people use to try and dilute/diminish what the essence of PC is about.

PC is about being Thoughtful and Considerate of others--NOTHING MORE.

I don't see why that's so hard to understand and strive to get on board with.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Society decides.
            You have lots of good ideas, but this is not one of them.

Reminder that this is the same "society" that elected Trump. You think they, as a whole, are the best judge?

I have to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              You have lots of good ideas, but this is not one of them.

Reminder that this is the same "society" that elected Trump. You think they, as a whole, are the best judge?

I have to disagree.
              And I have to agree with you.

I should have said 'enlightened society' and anyone who still supports trump does not qualify as such.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                That is not a bad observation.

These days, being non-PC is to risk violence. Trump stands his ground and defies the bullies. A lot of people wish they had his stones.

J
                Your take on what I posted is definitely not what I meant. Defies the bullies is just mind boggling that someone could think that.

Comment

This morning I tried mixing up my normal listening pattern on the drive to work and listened to Fox news from 7:05 until 7:45

The big stories were
                  We love the FBI but Comey is bad
                  Epstein did no kill himself
                  a veteran house of rep and two other vets were justifying killing Solemeini and campaigning at the same time

a story about a teacher of the year that protested by kneeling at the college football championship - it was disconcerting because they posted pictures of her with a "I wonder what she is teaching our kids" and a hint of you know what to do to the audience

NO mention of Lev Parnas

BECAUSE THERE WAS NO MENTION OF IMPEACHMENT OF TRUMP and the upcoming "trial" - nothing - zero - zilch -
                  this isnt news worth reporting I guess

Comment

Meanwhile, Kenneth Starr and Alan Dershowitz are joining Trump's legal defense team.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      Meanwhile, Kenneth Starr and Alan Dershowitz are joining Trump's legal defense team.
                      Just to show the complete pretzel Trumpies are willing to tie themselves into, Alan Dershowitz was interviewed by Larry King in 1998 about Clinton's impeachment and said:
                      "It certainly doesn't have to be a crime if you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president and who abuses trust and who poses great danger to our liberty, you don't need a technical crime."

But of course, that goes against his Trumpiness as the shoe is now on the other foot. So how does the hypocrite get out of it? This way, as he stated in an interview with Anderson Cooper:
                      "I was saying that I am much more correct right now having done all the research, because that's the issue. I didn't do research back then, I relied on what professors said ... because that issue was not presented in the Clinton impeachment," Dershowitz said. "Everybody knew that he was charged with a crime, the issue is whether it was a hard crime. Now the issue is whether a crime or criminal-like behavior is required."

So he throws his 1998 self under the bus by basically calling himself a hack. Amazing what happens when the chickens come home to roost.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Just to show the complete pretzel Trumpies are willing to tie themselves into, Alan Dershowitz was interviewed by Larry King in 1998 about Clinton's impeachment and said:
                        "It certainly doesn't have to be a crime if you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president and who abuses trust and who poses great danger to our liberty, you don't need a technical crime."

But of course, that goes against his Trumpiness as the shoe is now on the other foot. So how does the hypocrite get out of it? This way, as he stated in an interview with Anderson Cooper:
                        "I was saying that I am much more correct right now having done all the research, because that's the issue. I didn't do research back then, I relied on what professors said ... because that issue was not presented in the Clinton impeachment," Dershowitz said. "Everybody knew that he was charged with a crime, the issue is whether it was a hard crime. Now the issue is whether a crime or criminal-like behavior is required."

So he throws his 1998 self under the bus by basically calling himself a hack. Amazing what happens when the chickens come home to roost.
                        If you find that hypocritical, you must love Chuck Schumer’s 1999 comments vs his comments today

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                          If you find that hypocritical, you must love Chuck Schumer’s 1999 comments vs his comments today
                          Every politician who was in office then and still in office now have found themselves going against what they said then: Schumer, Graham, McConnell, etc. But the lawyer? And saying he didn't know what he was talking about then? That seems very different, no? He was a very prominent lawyer then as well.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Every politician who was in office then and still in office now have found themselves going against what they said then: Schumer, Graham, McConnell, etc. But the lawyer? And saying he didn't know what he was talking about then? That seems very different, no? He was a very prominent lawyer then as well.
                            Meh, no, I don’t find it particularly surprising a lawyer will say just about anything, especially one who’s morals are as flexible as his.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                              Meh, no, I don’t find it particularly surprising a lawyer will say just about anything, especially one who’s morals are as flexible as his.
                              This is what I find saddest of all, our acceptance of garbage like this.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

why do they call it impeachment? does it have something to do with peaches? why not call it impumpkinment or imsquashment or imturnipment. and why do i always gag when i eat orange vegetables as opposed to orange fruits. except for carrots. it makes no sense.

i hate squash. it seems like a nice vegetable. but it always ruined thanksgiving for me. they would always say 'oh just try it, you might like it this time' as i protest and gag at the dinner table only to be yelled at.

if we should impeach anything we should remove squash from the thanksgiving dinner table.

Comment

Working...
                                X