• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Everyone was afraid of jinking it.
    This thread is one in a million

Comment

It appears the publication has faced backlash over its courage both fromt he WH and other evangelicals. I hope it survives the ire of the Judases taking their coins from Trump and defending him, and get support from the silent minority of evangelicals who know and understand the moral imperative to stand against him: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Tnp?li=BBnb7Kz
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-21-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Support for impeachment has fallen, so Pelosi is looking for a way to stop the Senate trial. Good strategy, if she sticks to it.

Gee, I wonder who could have predicted this disastrous result for the Democrats from pursuing impeachment...
        What say you now?

"Public support for Donald Trump‘s removal from office is the highest it has ever been, according to a new poll. Fifty-five per cent of those asked said they were in favor of the US president’s conviction by the Senate, a figure which has shot up from 48 percent the week before. Meanwhile, the number of people against Mr Trump’s removal has dropped to an all-time low, according to the MSN poll.

On Christmas Day, 40 per cent were opposed to the Senate voting to convict the president, who has been impeached over his dealings with Ukraine and an alleged subsequent attempt to obstruct congress. The gap between the two views has become much wider since last week, when there was little to divide them (48 per cent in favor of Mr Trump's removal, 47 per cent against)."
        Public support for Donald Trump‘s removal from office is the highest it has ever been, according to a new poll.Fifty-five per cent of those asked said they were in favour of the US president’s conviction by the Senate, a figure which has shot up from 48 per cent the week before.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          What say you now?

"Public support for Donald Trump‘s removal from office is the highest it has ever been, according to a new poll. Fifty-five per cent of those asked said they were in favor of the US president’s conviction by the Senate, a figure which has shot up from 48 percent the week before. Meanwhile, the number of people against Mr Trump’s removal has dropped to an all-time low, according to the MSN poll.

On Christmas Day, 40 per cent were opposed to the Senate voting to convict the president, who has been impeached over his dealings with Ukraine and an alleged subsequent attempt to obstruct congress. The gap between the two views has become much wider since last week, when there was little to divide them (48 per cent in favor of Mr Trump's removal, 47 per cent against)."
          https://news.yahoo.com/public-suppor...091925963.html
          I really don't understand these polls. Anyone have a theory for these fluctuations? What is different now? What was different when support fell? I just don't get it. He is the same man. They are the same charges. The facts have stayed the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I really don't understand these polls. Anyone have a theory for these fluctuations? What is different now? What was different when support fell? I just don't get it. He is the same man. They are the same charges. The facts have stayed the same.
            Negative reaction to hyper-partisanship. The Democrats lost some support when they appeared to cherry pick witnesses to drive to a foregone conclusion on a party line vote in the House. Now the Republicans are losing some support for blatantly announcing that they will block witness testimony and fully coordinate with the White House to reach their foregone conclusion on a party line vote.

Note that these poll fluctuations are at the margins, though. Most Americans have remained consistently aligned with their partisan preference throughout, but the margins are enough to meaningfully tilt the polls up or down.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Negative reaction to hyper-partisanship. The Democrats lost some support when they appeared to cherry pick witnesses to drive to a foregone conclusion on a party line vote in the House. Now the Republicans are losing some support for blatantly announcing that they will block witness testimony and fully coordinate with the White House to reach their foregone conclusion on a party line vote.

Note that these poll fluctuations are at the margins, though. Most Americans have remained consistently aligned with their partisan preference throughout, but the margins are enough to meaningfully tilt the polls up or down.
              For the life of me I can not understand why the Republicans continue to support a misogynist, racist, name-calling bully, buffoon. Your mileage may vary.
              Last edited by Steve 2.0; 12-27-2019, 11:47 AM.
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                For the life of me I can not understand why the Republicans continue to support a misogynist, racist, name-calling bully, buffoon. Your mileage may vary.
                The economy!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  The economy!
                  And a lot of people seem to be living vicariously through him.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    And a lot of people seem to be living vicariously through him.
                    That is not a bad observation.

These days, being non-PC is to risk violence. Trump stands his ground and defies the bullies. A lot of people wish they had his stones.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

These days, being non-PC is to risk violence. Trump stands his ground and defies the bullies. A lot of people wish they had his stones.

J
                      What stones?

Remember his philosophy, when you are a celebrity you can get away with anything (as referenced in the "grab 'em by the P" recorded conversation).

He doesn't believe there are consequences to his actions.

Why would it take stones to do anything in that case? There are no consequences, no risks.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
                        Being non PC in it's essence is being an inconsiderate dick. Trump is the BULLY, the fact you can't se that is a direct example of how those who support him emulate Cult Like Behavior. It takes NO stones to such a fuckwit, when you can hide behind your office and have thousands of paid bodyguards,

But hey Jay, nice to see you're still you.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Being non PC in it's essence is being an inconsiderate dick. Trump is the BULLY, the fact you can't se that is a direct example of how those who support him emulate Cult Like Behavior. It takes NO stones to such a fuckwit, when you can hide behind your office and have thousands of paid bodyguards,

It has to be trolling, man. Anyone who says Trump stands up to bullies instead of being one is delusional or a troll. Trump punches down more than anyone in history. The dude would take jabs at a baby whose first words were "Trump is poo-poo." He'd go off on a 20 tweet rant mocking the baby, and then he'd take its candy. And if he had stones, he wouldn't have been a draft dodger. He is good at duping fools into thinking he is one of them, but he isn't. He is a pampered billionaire who never had life punch him in the face as hard and as often as most people. Stones. Hilarious. The only stones he may have are kidney stones.

Comment

Do we need to be PC to those who are not PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Do we need to be PC to those who are not PC?
                              For example?
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

For example?
                                I don't have one. It is just a question.

I used to believe it was alright for me to bully the bullies.

Comment

Working...
                                X