Impeachment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Support for impeachment has fallen, so Pelosi is looking for a way to stop the Senate trial. Good strategy, if she sticks to it.

Gee, I wonder who could have predicted this disastrous result for the Democrats from pursuing impeachment...
    If you look at the underlying polls, which you're wont to do in Bernie's case but apparently not here, Republicans wanting to impeach has surged while Dems have dropped slightly. Polls from the last week has Republicans wanting to impeach as high as 22%, while Dem support for impeachment has dropped from the high 80s to the mid 70s. I guess one can decipher many different reasons as to why this is, but when multiple polls show similar results, I'm unwilling to make determinations as to why.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
      the good news for all you blue teamers (imo) is that the couple of points you lost with the hyper partisan investigation will be gained back once the gop conducts their hyper partisan show trial. They are going to overplay their hand here as they frequently do. My only caveat being that if pelosi hangs on to it for too long, it may further cause support for removal to fade. Her smartest play is to send it along and watch the gop fumble the ball.
      Another prediction.....this will long be forgotten by next november.
      not a chance.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        not a chance.
        The people that aren’t voting for Trump aren’t voting for Trump regardless of this.
        The people that are voting for Trump still are voting for Trump regardless of this.
        The people that aren’t paying attention now, or those disengaged types that wait until October to make a decision, aren’t going to remember this.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
          The people that aren’t voting for Trump aren’t voting for Trump regardless of this.
          The people that are voting for Trump still are voting for Trump regardless of this.
          The people that aren’t paying attention now, or those disengaged types that wait until October to make a decision, aren’t going to remember this.
          You said it would be forgotten--you did not specify by whom. we all know those who support Trump forgot it before it happened--THEY don't care and frankly don't matter as they would vote him in if he punched a grandmother in the face on national TV.

The votes that matter aren't likely to forget anything and the Dem nominee won't allow it to be forgotten. Pelosi is right in waiting until the cry for his removal grows, which it will as Dipshit in Charge won't be able to help himself and will turn on more and more people and dig his hole deeper and deeper.

His insult on Dingell and now his response to Christianity today contribute to the incremental erosion of his fringe supporters. By Nov, it will reflect in the polls.

Like I said--It will not be forgotten--Ever.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Christianity Today is "far left". Who knew?

Comment

pelosi has made zero mis steps. pelosi is holding this until mcconnell agrees with a format with schumer to have fact witnesses testify. mcconnell already stated he is not going to be impartial and he has no interest in a fair trial. if no agreement is in place to hear from the fact witnesses that trump has ordered not to testify then it is already over. there will be a call to vote as it stands, and the cover up will be complete without ever having heard from them.

in any case, this was the case pelosi had to proceed with impeachment, if she had played games and gone for say emoluments violation that would have been doa as that doesnt rise to a high crime, as in dealing with national security interests. and every single person knew from start that with senate in R majority and lockstep with trump, the facts were utterly irrelevant. but if pelosi simply hands this over for the already decided vote then there is no recourse for the fact witnesses to ever have to put this absurd corruption on the record.

think about how crazy this is. mcconnell is successfully selling the notion that to agree for fact witnesses to testify is unacceptable and he is at an impasse with schumer.

Comment

btw, i know we are headed to holidays and many of us will get snagged in some poli talk that maybe isnt best idea. but when uncle foxie states if dems wanted to hear from witnesses then they should have gone through courts to push through subpoenas or wait for next elections and let people decide you can push back with the obvious truth.

i know this board is savvy and understands as schiff has explained, this was not just a past crime, but a present, ongoing crime, as in trump right now and in future will continue to solicit help from foreign powers for his personal campaign, and trump is still using powers of high office to obstruct. so impeachment had to proceed when it did, and though dems have been winning in court, every decision would be appealed to a higher court and we are talking 6 or 8 months between decisions so it would literally be outside window of relevance and trump would win by default by simply losing cases and appealing and waiting and rending the house power of subpoena moot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  In the new American politics, left and right is defined by what you think of Dear Leader.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Calling Christianity Today a leftist magazine is hilarious. I'm pretty middle of the road, and sometimes look at what is written and think it's a pretty narrow/conservative view.

This article is speaking for a lot of moderates, and definitely a younger set of Evangelicals.
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      reminds me of a tweet I ran across

"Donald Trump is more popular than Jesus...among the religious right."

---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        I feel like the Democratic leadership probably should have pushed for the federal courts to compel those witnesses to testify during the House's impeachment inquiry.
                        Uncle Foxie is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          In the new American politics, left and right is defined by what you think of Dear Leader.
                          So very, depressingly true.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                            Calling Christianity Today a leftist magazine is hilarious. I'm pretty middle of the road, and sometimes look at what is written and think it's a pretty narrow/conservative view.

This article is speaking for a lot of moderates, and definitely a younger set of Evangelicals.
                            Well hopefully they're convinced to bounce his ass next year.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Well hopefully they're convinced to bounce his ass next year.
                              I believe the younger set (50 and under) of Evangelicals take a more holistic approach to their politics. It's not a one issue vote.
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                I do not know how there is no active thread on this.
                                Everyone was afraid of jinking it.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X