2k20: Kyle Tucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k20: Kyle Tucker

Assuming the Astro's still have springer, brantley and reddick come March, what is your opinion on Kyle Tucker? I have him for $5B, making 2020 spring Tucker's option decision time. I planned on extending to $15 (3 year contract), then got to thinking if his time doesn't look guaranteed, maybe I could throw him back and get him for equal or less.

12 team a.l. only
    on base

is the right move to throw him back and hope to purchase cheaper ?

I do have a lot of faith that he is going to turn into a very productive roto player...

You're not going to get him for less, especially in an AL only. I'd extend. There's some risk but a ton of upside, as well. He can be a 20/20 guy as soon as this year.

Comment

I agree with Garp.

Comment

Do you believe the hype? There is 20/20 speculation for Tucker. He could go close to $20 in AL only leagues even without 100% guaranteed PT. I really like him but I'm worried the hype train will make him cost prohibitive.

Comment

I'd keep him for $5 and enjoy whatever profit I get this year. I don't extend a guy until he's shown he can be elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I'd keep him for $5 and enjoy whatever profit I get this year. I don't extend a guy until he's shown he can be elite.
            In the majors? 30/30 at AAA doesn't do it for you?

Comment

He's essentially one injury away from getting significant PT this year. He's almost certainly starting next year. I'd extend a year to $10. I think you get value this year with upside, and potential big profit next year.

No way I throw him back.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                In the majors? 30/30 at AAA doesn't do it for you?
                Correct.

Art is asking whether he should throw him back because the Astros OF is full. If you aren't confident that a player will get playing time, that's not an elite guy I want to extend. If he plays well enough this year that I regret that decision, then I just profited on my $5.

And the 30/30 at AAA also came with some prolonged slumps and a lot of Ks.

It's risk vs reward.

Option 1) Extend: Risk - unsure of playing time, might not be worth the contract in 2020. Might not ever be elite at the mlb level. If he busts I'm down $45 of auction dollars. Reward: hoping that by locking him up I see profit in 2021+.

Option 2) Keep him at $5: Risk - goes back into the auction after 2020. If he busts I'm down $5 of auction dollars. Reward - If I wanted to keep him after 2020 that means I just profited big in 2020.

I'll take option 2.

Note, the analysis is obviously very different with an established player who I'm expecting to profit on even with an extension.

Comment

Working...
                X