Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you willing to pay for Yelich this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you willing to pay for Yelich this year?

He went for $53 in our NL only 5x5 (OBP and SB-CS). $260 Budget.

TG Fantasy Baseball says he earned $46 last year. So about 15% inflation. That seems a little light for our league, but that is a lot of cabbage for one player.

Our Yelich owner posted him for trade last night. I think he will end up being back in the auction. Made me curious what your leagues paid for him and/or what you would be willing to pay this upcoming auction?

A lame-duck Yelich was waived in September by a frustrated, contending owner because MIL never put him on the DL. he cleared waivers because you'd be buying an O contract that expires in a couple of weeks without him ever playing.

in our league, FAs are 10-S2 until Sept 1, when they are 20-S2. we only have 6 waiver moves, and several bottom-feeders had none left. I had one and took a stab - but one frigging lesser owner put in a claim and snagged him!

to your question: if he was available, he'd probably go in the high-40s. not sure anyone has gone 50 for anyone since Eric Davis - UPDATE, wrong on that. most expensive guys last year were Arenado 50, Scherzer 44, Rizzo 40, Jansen 37, EDiaz 36, Machado 36, Freeman 35 (deGrom was frozen for 45 and Goldschmidt for 39).

there are enough studs on former farmhand contracts - unit cost 5, 5, 10, 15 - that one could argue to go 50 on a Yelich in this format. definitely depends on league dynamic. I don't think in 36 years has ever called out "51" for a player.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

TG Fantasy Baseball says he earned $46 last year. So about 15% inflation. That seems a little light for our league, but that is a lot of cabbage for one player.

Our Yelich owner posted him for trade last night. I think he will end up being back in the auction. Made me curious what your leagues paid for him and/or what you would be willing to pay this upcoming auction?
      I think that you should jump at him if you can get him for a "reasonable" price...46 is great for a guy who's an MVP in his prime. But it all depends on what the other party wants.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I think that you should jump at him if you can get him for a "reasonable" price...46 is great for a guy who's an MVP in his prime. But it all depends on what the other party wants.
        $46 is what he earned last year. His salary is $53 this year. $7 loss to get his counting stats.

Comment

Baseball Forecaster (which arrived today!) has him at $42 for 2019.

the $53 is bearable - as an auction buy. then you have to give something up?

very freeze-list dependent. a stacked list and a roster crunch can make him well worthwhile.

if you don't have much, seems better to hope he goes back in the pool and then you land him for $48 or something.

don't forget about that broken kneecap, too. right now we're assuming 110 pct good to go. quite possibly, but I'd make him show me something come March first.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

He traded him for a 5F Dustin May.

I approached the new owner and he said he is keeping him.

Comment

I assume the guy doesn't lose Dustin May when he lands in CLE this week in a Lindor deal?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                I assume the guy doesn't lose Dustin May when he lands in CLE this week in a Lindor deal?
                He will lose May.

We get to keep stats if players are traded into the other league from draft day forward.

Comment

Working...
                X