2K20: Alec Bohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20: Alec Bohm

I have read mixed commentary on Bohm. Some good some not so good.

Does he move up the "value" ladder for prospects pre-auction this year? I am not sure he helps this year, but could be a good trading chip or keeper for 2021.

Anyone care to share thoughts on Bohm?

In a recent OBA league prospect ranking on Fangraphs, he listed at #17 with a future value of 50. That seems to indicate immanent playing time, but little upside.

One comment is that he does not have the raw power of Jonathan India or Nolan Gorman, but is a more consistent hitter. He's a high on base prospect with little speed. Possibly more valuable in real baseball than fantasy.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      In a recent OBA league prospect ranking on Fangraphs, he listed at #17 with a future value of 50. That seems to indicate immanent playing time, but little upside.

One comment is that he does not have the raw power of Jonathan India or Nolan Gorman, but is a more consistent hitter. He's a high on base prospect with little speed. Possibly more valuable in real baseball than fantasy.

J
      Let me offer the opposite perspective. Bohm has a 65/70 power profile, meaning he has plenty of raw power. He's showing more power than India, and similar to Gorman (but without the K issues). The power numbers picked up in 2019, so the lack of power may be a dated reference?

Not a superstar in the making, but an average to above average bat for 3B.

Comment

The reference is from June 2019. As you say, India did not have an impressive season, even though he moved through three levels. He's the same age as Bohm, while Nolan Gorman is two years younger.

What I have trouble with is 65/70 power profile with these results, especially given his hit tool and plate discipline. A high on-base hitter with plus power and the glove to play 3B does not rate a mere 50 FV.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          What I have trouble with is 65/70 power profile with these results, especially given his hit tool and plate discipline. A high on-base hitter with plus power and the glove to play 3B does not rate a mere 50 FV.
          Fangraphs has the hit tool at 30/50 and speed at 50/40. He's on the upper end of the 50fv list and I don't think it's unreasonable to say he could be a 55fv at some point if the hit tool continues to impress. At at 55fv we're talking top 10 prospect in baseball potentially. I'm not saying that is likely, but rather placing caution in putting too much weight in the 50fv valuation. That level of prospects has a wide range, the majority of which will fail, but some of them may end up at 55, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Not a superstar in the making, but an average to above average bat for 3B.
            This. I downgraded in my leagues coming out of the draft due to (a) personality - not sure if anyone else watched the draft on MLB that year but I hated his interviews, (b) profile - lot of swing and miss so likely low average and (c) Philly's track record.

Citizens Bank is a great park but to me he's ok but not special. Pretty close to the majors though so justified top-40ish prospect.

Comment

Thanks for all of the input. It was all very helpful.

I worked out a deal where I traded my 1.01 pick for his 1.12 pick, Bohm, and an $11A Cespedes.

Cespedes seems to be working hard to be ready for 2020. Maybe I catch lightening in a bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Thanks for all of the input. It was all very helpful.

I worked out a deal where I traded my 1.01 pick for his 1.12 pick, Bohm, and an $11A Cespedes.

Cespedes seems to be working hard to be ready for 2020. Maybe I catch lightening in a bottle.
                You had me up til Cespedes.

Comment

You had me up til Cespedes.
                  Ha. It costs me nothing to drop him. If he is lights out in spring training I can trade him or keep him. If he is terrible or still injured I can drop him at no cost.

Comment

Ha. It costs me nothing to drop him. If he is lights out in spring training I can trade him or keep him. If he is terrible or still injured I can drop him at no cost.
                    Opportunity cost is real though. I don't mind the framework of the deal you made if Cespedes was an asset of real value. I do not believe he has any value, especially at $11.

Comment

Opportunity cost is real though. I don't mind the framework of the deal you made if Cespedes was an asset of real value. I do not believe he has any value, especially at $11.
                      In my best Dr. Evil voice:

So you are not in agreement with CBS Sports projecting 523 abs, 31 hrs, 10 sbs, and .338 OBP. Maybe you are thinking they are too aggressive?

Comment

In my best Dr. Evil voice:

So you are not in agreement with CBS Sports projecting 523 abs, 31 hrs, 10 sbs, and .338 OBP. Maybe you are thinking they are too aggressive?
                        It's almost like I .... posted that in this forum already

Comment

It's almost like I .... posted that in this forum already

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...des#post352655
                          I didn't remember that thread until now. CBS is nuts...except on this one.

Comment

I didn't remember that thread until now. CBS is nuts...except on this one.
                            If they are off by 50% (except OBP) he will still be worth $11 bucks in our league.

Comment

If they are off by 50% (except OBP) he will still be worth $11 bucks in our league.
                              If a source is so bad that it's likely to be off by 50%, then it's just as likely to be off by 95% too. CBS projections are garbage.

Steamer projects 168 AB. That's at least slightly more reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                              X