No announcement yet.

2K20: Alec Bohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think that the Phils would love to have Kingery playing a super utility role. At what point in the season do we think Bohm could be up?
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
      Back to Bohm lol

Someone mentioned a lot of swing and miss in his game. I don't see that in the numbers and honestly he has an excellent BB/K rate, and it's been consistent as he has climbed the ladder.
      As a phillies fan, I was kind of excited to see 5 pages on the guy. Not so much.

I don't think Josh Harrison is blocking anyone.

I think there are plenty of ABs in CF for Kingery.

I'd expect to see Bohm around mid-season, so long as the first half goes well in AAA. (typed out AAAA at first... ominous typo. )
      Last edited by heyelander; 01-16-2020, 02:56 PM.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

His BB% (10.6) vs. SO% (13.5) looks like the making of a special hitter.

I've seen his ETA as 2021 but I see an easy path to ABs. Kingery is being tabbed as the opening day at 3rd, but I think the team would love to use him as a super utility.

Defensively he projects slightly above average at 3rd but likely will outgrow the position and could end up at 1st long term.
        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
          I've seen his ETA as 2021 but I see an easy path to ABs. Kingery is being tabbed as the opening day at 3rd, but I think the team would love to use him as a super utility.
          This is the way I see it playing out as well. And let's not forget, Kingery is STILL a disappointment, even though he's improved since he first dropped in. Super-utility seems about right. I still think Kingery will get the nod on opening day, but pretty soon after that, it'll be Bohm. In addition, ANY injury in the infield pretty much brings Kingery off third, which necessitates Bohm again.

My money is on Bohm getting the lion's share of the 3B ABs in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            And let's not forget, Kingery is STILL a disappointment, even though he's improved since he first dropped in.
            In what sense? Kingery was a 3 bWAR/2.7 fWAR player last year which matches his 55 FV rating he was getting as a prospect.

(note that I don't disagree with your overall analysis, this part of it just struck me as strange)

references:
            While a number of the organization’s top prospects will graduate in 2018, another wave of talent lurks behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              In what sense? Kingery was a 3 bWAR/2.7 fWAR player last year which matches his 55 FV rating he was getting as a prospect.

(note that I don't disagree with your overall analysis, this part of it just struck me as strange)

references:
              While a number of the organization’s top prospects will graduate in 2018, another wave of talent lurks behind them.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-new-...outing-primer/
              I guess I should have said "perceived as a disappointment". He signed that huge contract without having a single MLB AB, broke camp with the team and stunk. When everyone was watching, he was at his worst. When all the attention was off him, he started to improve and became more of the player we expected when he started playing.

Comment

I guess I should have said "perceived as a disappointment". He signed that huge contract without having a single MLB AB, broke camp with the team and stunk. When everyone was watching, he was at his worst. When all the attention was off him, he started to improve and became more of the player we expected when he started playing.
                I hear ya.

I agree with the "perceived" part, and you are right, he seemed like a disappointment because it took him some time to adjust.

The funny thing is that he's already been worth more than the guaranteed part of that big contract that runs through 2023 with club options after that. In other words, from a financial standpoint he's only adding surplus value for the next 4(!) years.

Comment

This is the way I see it playing out as well. And let's not forget, Kingery is STILL a disappointment, even though he's improved since he first dropped in. Super-utility seems about right. I still think Kingery will get the nod on opening day, but pretty soon after that, it'll be Bohm. In addition, ANY injury in the infield pretty much brings Kingery off third, which necessitates Bohm again.

My money is on Bohm getting the lion's share of the 3B ABs in 2020.
                  He has 270 AA plate appearances and none above that. I doubt they helicopter him in so quickly. He's only been young for his league in AA last year. He still has some seasoning necessary, I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    I'm going to laugh when I'm correct about Cespedes's lack of NL Only value, but for the wrong reasons.
                    I'm laughing now btw.

Comment

Bohm is up today.

Trade him now...right?

Comment

Working...
                      X