Trade for Bieber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for Bieber

Having some fun with some offseason trades. I wanted to get your input on one I'm trying to put together.

Situation - 15 team 23 man rosters (2 catchers) mixed league. I have a deep keeper list 1-20 (we keep 15). I'd like to improve my top end. Another team has a great top 4 ($7 Flaherty, $3 K. Marte, $11 Suarez, $13 Bieber), but after that most of his players are on par after inflation is considered (typically ~40%). For example he has $22 Castellanos, $28 Abreu, $43 S. Marte, $3 Molina.

A trade where I send 4 players, to build his depth, and get back one of those top 4 makes sense to me as it improves the keeper profit for both teams. But the old adage of treasure for trash gets in the way, and I don't want to make a bad offer that he should not take. In the offseason when building keeper lists I think this is a deterrent to making some good trades, because in most cases net profit is key (with some exceptions). But obviously I want to send a fair trade, or even more than fair, I'm willing to overpay in $s gained to make it work).

His $13 Bieber by my numbers is a ~$15 profit and he would be my primary target (although Flaherty and Marte are truly better values, I don't think I can afford them).

I'd like to send something like $15 W. Contreras (~$6 profit), $1 B. Lowe (~$9 profit), $10 Senzel (~$4 profit), $4 Hampson (~$8 profit)

Another thing to consider is contract type. Bieber is on a C contract and Contreras is on a B, Lowe and Hampson are C. Senzel is Z so 2020 is his last year before going back to the pool.

In sum, that would send ~$26 for ~$15 in net profit. I *think* I'd extend Bieber, so it's really closer to $10 on his side if I went that route.

Is that a fair deal? Contreras, Lowe, Hampson, Senzel for Bieber?

If I add much more it makes it a net loss on my side (I can take some of my 16-20th best keepers and fill in for the holes, but eventually that dries up).

Anyway, just brainstorming and thought it would be interesting to ask the board.

*Note, my profit calculations include inflation of ~40% currently
    **Note two, sorry for the long post!

It looks good on paper.

It might depend on how many pitchers are back in the auction (and his other keeper pitchers if he has any). It might also depend on how he views pitching vs. hitting. Going in with Flaherty and Bieber for $20 is pretty tempting to stand pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      It looks good on paper.

It might depend on how many pitchers are back in the auction (and his other keeper pitchers if he has any). It might also depend on how he views pitching vs. hitting. Going in with Flaherty and Bieber for $20 is pretty tempting to stand pat.
      Yeah, I agree with this. Certainly a far offer, but it would depend if he values an ace more, and which players he would bump from his keeper list.

Comment

Working...
      X