Official Week 14 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 14 Thread

Panthers fire head coach Ron Rivera after nine seasons.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

I think Saints are currently #1 seed.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Bears WR Taylor Gabriel is out for Thursday night.

Bears TE Ben Braunecker is also out.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Daniel Jones is out, so Eli Manning will start
        Evan Engram also is finally making his return

Comment

Steelers RB James Conner out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster out.
            Saints TE Greg Olsen out.
            Colts WR T.Y. Hilton out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Le’Veon Bell Out
              Evan Engram Out

Comment

wild finishes!

AFC
                2 PATRIOTS 10-3, 5 BILLS 9-4
                1 y-RAVENS 11-2, 6 STEELERS 8-5
                4 TEXANS 8-5, Titans 8-5
                3 x-CHIEFS 9-4

NFC
                4 COWBOYS 6-7, Eagles 6-7
                2 PACKERS 10-3, 6 VIKINGS 9-4, Bears 7-6
                3 x-SAINTS 10-3
                1 49ERS 11-2, 5 SEAHAWKS 10-3, Rams 8-5

x - won division
                y- clinched playoff spot

FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS - a look ahead to the spring 2020 NFL Draft to be held there

1-12 - Bengals

2-11 - Giants

3-10 - Redskins, Dolphins
                3-9-1 - Lions, Cardinals

4-9 - Falcons, Jaguars

5-8 - Jets, Broncos, Panthers, Chargers

6-7 - Colts, Browns, Buccaneers, Raiders, Eagles
                Last edited by Judge Jude; 12-10-2019, 12:38 AM.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

definition of "karma" - disgraceful Pats fans boo their historically all-time great dynasty off the field at halftime.

the universe then takes away two Pats TDs in the second half with terrible calls.

maybe that will help those drunks in the stands gain a little perspective

we've all noticed that NFL teams FINALLY are listening to the many of us who have winced for years/decades at seeing ridiculous punt decisions late in games (ok, the Giants still do that), bad math on 2-point decisions (ditto), and other no-brainers to all who don't wear NFL coaching hats.

but the Bills did something I've awaited for years but doubted I'd live long enough to see.

they trailed 24-9, midway through the 4th quarter, scored a TD - and went for 2!

now, announcers always say to go for 1 there because a) they are idiots and b) it makes it a "one-score game"

but in the real world, the Bills benefit greatly from knowing if they need one score or two. it informs how they handle play calls, when to use timeouts, and so forth. now, they happened to score to make it 24-17 (which was the final). but if they hadn't, even that bummer info was advantageous to them.

on the Ravens game last week, they noted that BAL has a 25-year-old Ivy League grad who explains all this stuff to Harbaugh - and his team is doing ok.

I do expect teams to overreact at first - the 'win probability added' numbers exist in a vacuum, to an extent. a QB sneak on 4th and 1 makes less sense if the QB is hurting, and an onside kick decision depends partly on what the coach knows from seeing attempts in practice (with some of the modeling likely based, say, on an assumption of an average-level onside kicker as opposed to that ATL master of the dark arts).

but that's ok - at least we're getting into the 21st century - if a little late.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

It's certainly been a "Tale of Two Halves" for the Pats.

First half, facing the likes of the Dolphins, Redskins, Jets x2, Giants, a dysfunctional Browns team, and the Steelers & Bills, they averaged 31 ppg. They went 8-0.

Second half, facing the Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans and Chiefs, they're 2-3 and averaging 17 ppg. They're 2-3 over that span.

Comment

'what have you done for me lately' dept:

last two Super Bowl champs have now been booed off their field at home at halftime in Week 14

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Critical loss for the Giants. I have no idea what they were thinking trying to win that game! Could have been the difference between Chase Young and no Chase Young.

Comment

Working...
                        X