Atheists in Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    "All lives matter" was a response to "black lives matter" by people who were triggered that African Americans had the audacity to declare that it wasn't ok for police to murder them at will.
    Agreed. However in this case isn't this the atheists being triggered by seeing a Christmas tree? I'm not seeing the parallel the same way you are I guess.

Promoting inclusion of all people during this time of year, regardless of their religious beliefs, similarly isn't meant to imply that Christians aren't welcome but rather make it clear that everyone else is too.
    Right, but the quote Gregg referenced was based on an atheist saying they "won" 7-1 -- and that it's good news so the Christian's can stop shoving a Nativity scene down everyone's throat. That's very aggressive. If it was just an inclusionary idea, I'm definitely on board. If's its a "war" where the athiests can try to "win" by pushing theists to the side, and trashing their beliefs, that's an aggressive approach that serves the opposite purpose, which is what Gregg seemed to be objecting to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Agreed. However in this case isn't this the atheists being triggered by seeing a Christmas tree? I'm not seeing the parallel the same way you are I guess.

Right, but the quote Gregg referenced was based on an atheist saying they "won" 7-1 -- and that it's good news so the Christian's can stop shoving a Nativity scene down everyone's throat. That's very aggressive. If it was just an inclusionary idea, I'm definitely on board. If's its a "war" where the athiests can try to "win" by pushing theists to the side, and trashing their beliefs, that's an aggressive approach that serves the opposite purpose, which is what Gregg seemed to be objecting to.
      Yes.

The article does nothing to promote peace and understanding or unity.

Unfortunately many Christians believe that it is ok to fight against atheists for being atheists and that is not what Jesus would want us to do. The goal is not to win next year 8-7. The goal should be how do I love and serve my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Yes.

The article does nothing to promote peace and understanding or unity.

Unfortunately many Christians believe that it is ok to fight against atheists for being atheists and that is not what Jesus would want us to do. The goal is not to win next year 8-7. The goal should be how do I love and serve my fellow man.
        The world would certainly be better off if more Christians followed Jesus' path in this manner. Unfortunately, Christians are shoving their beliefs down others' throats when it comes to other issues.

But if it seemed I was defending angry atheism, then it was unintentional on my part. One of my good buddies is an angry atheist and has accused me of being a religion apologist for challenging his arrogance.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The world would certainly be better off if more Christians followed Jesus' path in this manner. Unfortunately, Christians are shoving their beliefs down others' throats when it comes to other issues.
          Which is exactly what happened with that article except it was atheists doing the shoving. Just to be clear that is not what Steve did in bringing this up. I appreciate the dialog.

If any side can convince themselves that they are the good guys just meting out justice or revenge there is a problem. If we are the good guys the ends justify the means. Except they don't.

One of the hardest things I have to do as a follower of Christ is to put my justifiable anger away and show kindness. I am better than I was and not as good as I am going to be.
          Last edited by Gregg; 12-06-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

lets break down IOWA

I

this stands for I

O

this stands for Oh

WA

this stand for Whaaa

I think what this says in a pluralistic or non-denominational society is for all the women in the audience to take their shirts off. Where is the dairy land anyways?

Comment

it's a conspiracy. I-OWA, I-Mac, I-Pod, My Space, You Tube and finally S-you-V. ...

driving thru Iowa searching you tube on my IMac in my SUV! it can only mean one thing

Comment

Working...
              X