Girardi's Impact on Phils Fantasy #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girardi's Impact on Phils Fantasy #'s

In this day of analytics taking over the world, this question may not have much relevance anymore with managers becoming more and more like puppets, but....

Is there any evidence that Girardi likes a certain type of player or certain type of game? In particular, is there reason for optimism that guys like Kingery and Hopkins will benefit with him at the helm?

As a Kapler non fan I think everyone should do better without him around, but that's another story.

Excellent question, and one that I would also love to hear the answer. The point about Kingery and Hopkins is key to this whole change of manager, I believe. Hopkins, in particular, regressed significantly last season--he was just not the same as the year before. He seemed more passive, waiting patiently for walks [which came, for sure]. This is NOT what you want your best power hitter doing, however. He seemed to get caught up in the launch angle analytics way too much. I hope he is able to just turn his natural ability loose under Girardi. Kingery also seemed affected, but appeared to say to hell with it near the end of the year and just played the game.
    Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
    X