2K20 Jorge Soler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20 Jorge Soler

Jorge Soler had a breakout season, finishing with 48 HR, 117 RBI, 95 R, and a .265/.354/.569 slash line. He did strike out 178 times, but that is becoming normal for a lot of sluggers these days. On the plus side he also walked 78 times. He will turn 28 years old at the beginning of spring training and played in all 162 games for the Royals in 2019. So, his ability to stay healthy seems to have improved from previous seasons.

He has recently changed agents and is expected to opt out of his $4 million guarantee for 2020 and enter arbitration. So, maybe the Royals will try to sign him to a long term deal.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

He's a player I'm somewhat skeptical about for '20, as I just don't think he'll be able to repeat these numbers and thus you'd be paying for 2019's ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      He's a player I'm somewhat skeptical about for '20, as I just don't think he'll be able to repeat these numbers and thus you'd be paying for 2019's ceiling.
      Yeah, it was a great reward for long suffering Soler fans. It showed the ceiling scouts projected. Hoping for a repeat is hoping for too much. He is a health risk, as always. He has the talent though, and hoping for 140 games and 75% of the production seem reasonable, if you are willing to gamble.

Comment

Soler, basically put up the same kind of numbers that were expected from Khris Davis. Davis still has the better track record. But, Soler being 4 years younger, is the shiny new toy.

Soler 2019) 48 HR, 117 RBI, 98 R, 178 K, 78 BB, .265/.354/.569 slash line
        Davis 2018) 48 HR, 123 RBI, 98 R, 175 K, 59 BB, .247/.326/.549 slash line
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Soler, basically put up the same kind of numbers that were expected from Khris Davis. Davis still has the better track record. But, Soler being 4 years younger, is the shiny new toy.

but he didn't hit .247
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Wait, Jorge Soler hit 48 HRs? Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

Not to nitpick but that triple slash is quite a bit better, which makes me like Soler a little more than I did before. If you convert it to OPS a .923 player is significantly better in my opinion to .875 one.
              Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

I'm hoping there's a lot of skeptics in the only league I'm in where he's available, as I think whatever "it" was that needed to click, definitely clicked last year. While I agree with Sour Masher a bit that there's health risk, there's just so much to like here that I'm going to be pretty far in on getting him in my auction.

The risks: HR/FB is on the high side, and the odds of repeating the number of PA's he accumulated last year.

The good: His HR/month was amazingly consistent, with his two highest months coming in August and September. That indicates to me that Soler handled pitching adjustments through the course of the year very well. His ISO is great. He increased his FB rate. And he did all of this while maintaining a respectable BB rate of over 10% and his K rate unchanging. He hit 19 of his 48 HR to RF or CF, so he's not excessively pull happy.

And he'll only be 28 at start of season.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd agree with that. An ADP in the 80s seems pretty cheap, especially going after Tommy Pham and Jose Abreu. I want Soler of those three. He's a whole round behind Goldschmidt and I would call them comparable.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I have him in a topper league and I think he will end up out of my price range.
                    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Working...
                    X