Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 11 Thread

Great way to start off the week.

Cue the Steelers hater(s) who will explain to us why this is entirely the Steelers fault lol.

NFL films will probably delete this video.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

saw this live - it was unbelievable.

Browns up 14 with 8 seconds left, Steelers deep in their own territory. QB Rudolph throws a screen pass and Garrett takes him down for some reason with no roughing the passer penalty thrown (that I saw). then he lands on Rudolph, and it's hard to tell what the heck Rudolph was doing with Garrett's helmet (not that he shouldn't be mad at Garrett there).

then Garrett pulls off Rudolph's helmet and slams him with it on his unprotected head, which is insane.

Steelers then go after Garrett, with some punching and kicking involved. then another Brown knocks down Rudolph to earn his own ejection.

I would expect Garrett out for the season, and lesser suspensions for both teams.

ooh, and they meet again in 2 weeks.

Browns' remaining schedule is so soft that with 10 seconds left, I'd have said they have a shot at a wild card slot. kind of tough to get there without Garrett, though.

comps per Twitter: Clemens-Piazza, Tyson-Holyfield, Ryan-Ventura, Malice in the Palace (NBA), Slapshot movie
    Last edited by Judge Jude; 11-15-2019, 12:50 AM.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Odds are Garrett gets suspended for the season, which is ridiculous considering they still have a shot.

And Rudolph’s lawyers are considering pressing charges against Garrett.

My friend, a Cleveland sports radio host, has interviewed Garrett many times and told me today he’s a very mild-mannered guy — off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        My friend, a Cleveland sports radio host, has interviewed Garrett many times and told me today he’s a very mild-mannered guy — off the field.
        Yeah, i watched Garrett's post-game interview and couldn't believe that this was the same guy. He seemed very remorseful. He definitely has a "game face" and it isn't pretty.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I've followed Garrett for a long time since he went to my HS and then went to A&M as well (my alum). I agree that this doesn't match his character, at all.

Based on what happened, a long suspension is warranted. I'm surprised Rudolph wasn't injured.

And separately, I certainly hope Rudolph and Pouncey get punished severely. Rudolph for starting the fight (what the heck was he doing trying to rip Garrett's helmet off and then later running around like a maniac), and Pouncey for the wild punches and kicks in the aftermath (was Garrett out? One of the views made it look like he got knocked out).

Comment

Lions QB Matthew Stafford is out again.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Myles Garrett officially suspended for the rest of the season.

Comment

Pouncey suspended 3 games which sounds right to me.

No Rudolph suspension? I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I've followed Garrett for a long time since he went to my HS and then went to A&M as well (my alum). I agree that this doesn't match his character, at all.

Based on what happened, a long suspension is warranted. I'm surprised Rudolph wasn't injured.

And separately, I certainly hope Rudolph and Pouncey get punished severely. Rudolph for starting the fight (what the heck was he doing trying to rip Garrett's helmet off and then later running around like a maniac), and Pouncey for the wild punches and kicks in the aftermath (was Garrett out? One of the views made it look like he got knocked out).
                  I can see Rudolph getting 1 game. Pouncey was probably looking at a 1 game suspension until he added that kick to the helmet. Now he's likely looking at multiple games. Garrett is probably done for the year.

Personally, i would welcome a Rudolph suspension because i would like to get another look at backup QB Devlin Hodges, who is 1-0 as a starting QB.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Pouncey suspended 3 games which sounds right to me.
                    The NFL also suspended Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi for 1 game.

Rudolph, Pouncey and Garrett have been fined undisclosed amounts and the Browns and Steelers have each been fined $250,000.
                    Last edited by madducks; 11-15-2019, 01:57 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Falcons RB Devonta Freeman is out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Personally, i would welcome a Rudolph suspension because i would like to get another look at backup QB Devlin Hodges, who is 1-0 as a starting QB.
                        Do we think the NFL went "no, actually the worst possible punishment for the Steelers is to not suspend Mason Rudolph?"

— Sam Vecenie (@Sam_Vecenie) November 15, 2019

Comment

No Rudolph suspension? I wonder why?
                          The NFL has determined that keeping Rudolph as their starting QB will be the Steelers punishment.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Colts WR T.Y. Hilton out.

Vikings WR Adam Thielen out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Falcons TE Austin Hooper out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X