China's Social Credit System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China's Social Credit System

I did not realize the extent of this system, or its near-future ambitions. I guess China is where the Orville got its idea for its other-world dystopia in an episode that basically is just like China's system. It is a level of state control not seen outside of dystopian fiction. The story linked below is about a spoiled billionaire getting punished by the system. I shed no tears for a guy who bout 8 iphones just for one of his dogs, but the system itself is very scary. Hard to believe it is being implemented to control about 20% of the world population. The system will be fully operational in 2020.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...bTe?li=BBnbfcL
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-12-2019, 09:50 AM.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I did not realize the extent of this system, or its near-future ambitions. I guess China is where the Orville got its idea for its other-world dystopia in an episode that basically is just like China's system. It is a level of state control not seen outside of dystopian fiction. The story linked below is about a spoiled billionaire getting punished by the system. I shed no tears for a guy who bout 8 iphones just for one of his dogs, but the system itself is very scary. Hard to believe it is being implemented to control about 20% of the world population. The system will be fully operational in 2020.

pretty soon people will start believing their cell phones are conscious and artificially intelligent to the point they will think it is alive. someday someone's iPhone will be destroyed by someone and that person will go on trial for manslaughter. I am not saying they will ever be alive, I think that's impossible but people will be believing it soon.

I mean honestly, I don't care because people are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      pretty soon people will start believing their cell phones are conscious and artificially intelligent to the point they will think it is alive
      Wait, you think yours isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

At least in America they mostly invite u to spy on yourself
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          ... I mean honestly, I don't care because people are stupid.
          this.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I always thought some kind of futuristic credit system would be put in place, I thought people would be buying things straight off their credit score. I never thought of what they are doing in China. I know I shouldn't say this and it's wrong, but I almost think it's interesting. I am sure when you look at the details though it's very oppressive. but you know, it's not like gluttony and greed is good. unless your name is Gordon Gekko.

Alexa how do I improve my social credit score?

Comment

Working...
            X