Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K20 injured players you will take a chance on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20 injured players you will take a chance on?

Who are the injured players you will keep or trade for in 2020.

I am considering giving up a draft pick for Cespedes $11 in my NL only 5x5 12 teamer.

I am considering keeping an $8 Rich Hill in that same league. Although this one is most likely a throw back and see if I can get him cheaper.

Rich Hill will be 40 on opening day. I personally have a hard time viewing him as much more than a back of the rotation kind of guy.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I am considering giving up a draft pick for Cespedes $11 in my NL only 5x5 12 teamer.

I am considering keeping an $8 Rich Hill in that same league. Although this one is most likely a throw back and see if I can get him cheaper.

I'll roll the dice on ohtani and mccullers, both are going to be in the 18 month range post tommy john on opening day. Kopech also isn't far behind in that rehabilitation timeline, so if cheap, I'd take a chance on him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Sorry, I wouldn't touch Cespedes at that price.

Comment

Definitely Ohtani and Kopech if cheap enough. I was never big on McCullers anyway. While on SP, Severino and Glasnow.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Andujar and Souza could be interesting depending on the price.

Comment

Will Andujar have a place in that Yankee lineup? If they do not sign DD, then it could open something up. Can DJ or Andujar play 2b?

Comment

DJ spent his career playing 2B, til this year.

I would expect Andujar to be traded elsewhere in the AL in this offseason.

am not convinced that Cespedes is enthused about ever playing again - that "stepped in a ditch" injury reaggravation was really, really bad.

Hill paid out $5 in 59 IP in 2019. he's ancient, but his arm is.... kinda well-rested.

I have an option on Cueto for $1
                Last edited by Judge Jude; 11-07-2019, 04:36 PM.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  DJ spent his career playing 2B, til this year.

I would expect Andujar to be traded elsewhere in the AL in this offseason.

am not convinced that Cespedes is enthused about ever playing again - that "stepped in a ditch" injury reaggravation was really, really bad.

Hill paid out $5 in 59 IP in 2019. he's ancient, but his arm is.... kinda well-rested.

I have an option on Cueto for $1
                  According to Rob Bradford of WEEI, free agent hurler Rich Hill underwent "primary and revision surgery" on his left elbow in late October and won't be ready for the start of the 2020 season.
                  Hill dealt with a flexor strain during the 2019 campaign and obviously just didn't feel quite right going into the offseason. Primary repair is a variation on Tommy John surgery which could allow for Hill to return sooner. However, he's still unlikely to return before June or perhaps the All-Star break. With his recent track record, he should draw interest regardless. Hill, who turns 40 in March, posted a 2.45 ERA over 13 starts with the Dodgers this past season.

Comment

I have G. Polanco for $2B. I think he returns some value at that salary but I really don't want 400 AB with a .230 BA.

Not sure what to do with him at this point. Is it realistic that someone might pony up a minor league draft pick for him?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                      I have G. Polanco for $2B. I think he returns some value at that salary but I really don't want 400 AB with a .230 BA.

Not sure what to do with him at this point. Is it realistic that someone might pony up a minor league draft pick for him?
                      I had him for $1B and included him as a throw in to sweeten a trade

Comment

What's the view on Adalberto Mondesi? His ADP is around 40. From what I have seen, he'll be a pure SB play because the injury will drain his power.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          What's the view on Adalberto Mondesi? His ADP is around 40. From what I have seen, he'll be a pure SB play because the injury will drain his power.

J
                          I'm not sure that's correct. This is the same injury he had originally. When he came back in Sept, his power didn't seem to be drained relative to the rest of his season.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

answer in this case is EXTREMELY league-dependent, meaning market penetration levels.

he'll probably go for low double-digits in my 12-team NL-only 5x5 if he can even fog a mirror come March (he went for $22 last spring), but in 12-team mixed he could leave you wincing at the opportunity cost of plugging an OF hole with him before the auction.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              answer in this case is EXTREMELY league-dependent, meaning market penetration levels.

he'll probably go for low double-digits in my 12-team NL-only 5x5 if he can even fog a mirror come March (he went for $22 last spring), but in 12-team mixed he could leave you wincing at the opportunity cost of plugging an OF hole with him before the auction.
                              My league is NL Only 10 team 4x4. I was surprised to get him at $2 at last year's auction, but his health scared everyone off except me. I was prepared to spend up to $10 at the time. Now, after yet another lost year I'm hesitant to go down that road again. I've owned him every year going back to his single A days and I'm tired of the gig, but it would be so damn frustrating if this is the year he comes alive.

Comment

Working...
                              X