2K20: Mitch Garver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Wow, 3 home runs (Sanchez had 34 in 2019) was worth 12 spots in the rankings last season. I would be interested to see their league rank in AB/HR. Piazza in some of those years had more than twice as many at bats as Garver. Alas, Garver would fall short of the 3.1 plate appearances per game required to make the leader board of any ratio stats.
    that is one fine counterpoint, seriously
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Coming off 31-homer season, the position is his to lose as Alex Avila replaces Jason Castro as the backup.

A lot of talk about Garver being "a full time catcher" and "the full time starter" but not a lot of actually saying he's going to catch 120 games. So I think he might still be capped at around 400-420 PAs.

ATC is the most optimistic projection at 422 PA, .256-21-62

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Garver started using the same personal hitting coach as Alex Bregman last winter and believes that helped increase his home run output.

http://www.startribune.com/mitch-gar.../?refresh=true
        So he is wearing a buzzer too?

Sorry couldn't resist.
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          This is the poster child for the juiced ball. His HR/FB% shot up dramatically from 8% to 29%, so it is no surprise that his HR went from 7 to 31.

One question is going to be what ball we see in 2020, the regular season ball or the playoffs ball. That will be a big factor in Garver's value.
          Why would there be any reason to change the ball from last year. They got exactly what they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post

Sorry couldn't resist.
            I mean, Marwin Gonzalez showed up and the Twins set the team record for HRs in a season...

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Why would there be any reason to change the ball from last year. They got exactly what they wanted.
              Heck if I know. Why change it for the playoffs?

But if it's truly a production based issue that was not intentional, the last set of balls produced (the playoff balls) were not juiced. So you'd have to be all in on the conspiracy that MLB was intentionally juicing the balls to assume 100% that it's going back to a juiced ball.

In all honesty I don't know what it's going to be, I could see it going either direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post

Sorry couldn't resist.
                During all of those days off, maybe he's the man who beats on the can.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X