Clear All

• Official "Most Iconic Song of the 1980s" Tourney Thread

Round 1

Round 2

Sweet 16

Elite 8

Final 4

Championship

All the songs are in! Vote for your the song you think is the best representation of the 1980s!

Is this one of those "vote early and often" things?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      Is this one of those "vote early and often" things?
      I'd prefer it if you voted once, but I can't stop you!

Comment

it's kinda unfair to have the clash & the smiths up against each other at this point, that could have been a finals match
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          it's kinda unfair to have the clash & the smiths up against each other at this point, that could have been a finals match
          Not for me. First round losers for me.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I'd prefer it if you voted once, but I can't stop you!

Comment

Livin on a Prayer vs. White Lines was the most unfair matchup for me. While Bon Jovi's song is iconic, White Lines to me was more influential...and of course iconic wins over influential every time.

Comment

How long will voting be open?
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  How long will voting be open?
                  I dunno, a few days I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    I dunno, a few days I guess.
                    Why do I suspect this is revo's default answer for almost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Not for me. First round losers for me.
                      of course, if Tom Sawyer was in this thing ...
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

of course, if Tom Sawyer was in this thing ...
                        More iconic than the Smiths!
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Livin on a Prayer vs. White Lines was the most unfair matchup for me. While Bon Jovi's song is iconic, White Lines to me was more influential...and of course iconic wins over influential every time.
                          Never heard of the song "White Lines". Can't be that iconic!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Never heard of the song "White Lines". Can't be that iconic!
                            It's super-iconic. Almost as much as The Message (which is ultra-super-iconic & should have been the pick here).

Comment

It's super-iconic. Almost as much as The Message (which is ultra-super-iconic & should have been the pick here).
                              Just watched it on Youtube. Never heard it before.

Comment

Working...
                              X