X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    My 4 made it.
    How many times did you vote?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

the RJ movie plot line goes in this sequence (spoiler alert: there's a "happy ending"):

Money for Nothing

(Don't You) Forget About Me

Welcome to the Jungle

Come on Eileen
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        How many times did you vote?
        Just once.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Just once.
          Piker
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Final Four Results

#1 (Don't You) Forget About Me - 11
            #2 Come on Eileen - 2

#6 Welcome to the Jungle - 6
            #6 Money for Nothing - 7

Comment

CHAMPIONSHIP
              Simple Minds vs. Dire Straits

Comment

Both finalists were released in 1985.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Both finalists were released in 1985.
                  That was my high school graduation year. Were either of these two finalists our class song? No. Were any of the other seeds our class song? No. Then what, you may ask, was our class song? In what i can only describe as a sham election by the yearbook staff because they were the only one's who had a say in the matter, our class song was some original rap composition written by one of the members of the junior class! And it was laughably bad! If my disorganized class officers ever manage to put together a real class reunion (none yet) i'm going to find out who was responsible and ask them what the hell they were thinking? It's been bugging me all these years. Thanks for letting me vent.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The choice is simple.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

And the winner of the "Most Iconic Song of the 1980s", in a landslide is:

Comment

A simple choice indeed. That was fun, thanks for running the tourney Ed. Should we do one for the 90s? The winner is likely similarly pre-ordained but there should still be plenty of entertainment along the way.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

or this version?

Comment

A simple choice indeed. That was fun, thanks for running the tourney Ed. Should we do one for the 90s? The winner is likely similarly pre-ordained but there should still be plenty of entertainment along the way.
                            I agree it was fun.

Iconic and best are two different things. I think the top two represented both sides of 80's. With the winner being the more Iconic representation of the 80's sound.

Comment

I always thought this song best represented the 80s:
                              - classic band
                              - a mix between the two dominant themes of 1980s Top 40 radio, power pop and new wave
                              - theme from a classic teen movie
                              - perfect mid-decade placement

Comment

not sure that we need this but...

http://www.colinhay.com/tour/

Comment

Working...
                                X