Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

Let's try this a different way. Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

Would you make this trade Robert 15 when activated. Kirilloff $2 when activated.

Thanks.

Seems like those two options are apples and oranges. One guy is likely to contribute for you in 2020 but he's more expensive and less of a profit long term. The other is a long term play with some sacrifice for your 2020 team.

Comment

That’s a big deal in salaries. really hard to assess without understand your leagues structure and inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Seems like those two options are apples and oranges. One guy is likely to contribute for you in 2020 but he's more expensive and less of a profit long term. The other is a long term play with some sacrifice for your 2020 team.
        They are free until activated then they count against the following year's salary cap. Robert has no cap hit for 2020 no matter what happens. He will be $15 in 2021 assuming he gets 125 abs or greater.

Kirilloff might not help like Robert in 2020, but he would be a good trade chip the day after the All Star Game (can't trade prospect until then) in the event I need to make a run.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
          That’s a big deal in salaries. really hard to assess without understand your leagues structure and inflation.
          You are correct. I have a tendency to overlook the salaries as $15 is not much for a stud in the making as well as the "free" aspect for the season at hand. In the event we hook into a $2 stud we get him for 2 years before we can give them a raise at $5 per year (or play them out the 3rd year).

Once they loose there "freeness" I would effectively get Kirilloff for 2 years at $2 then 2 more years at $12 or 3 more years at $17. This gets me an extra year of Kirilloff and saves three bucks over Robert. So the question becomes which scenario would you rather have?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Let's try this a different way. Kirilloff and my #1 (seventh overall) for Robert.

Would you make this trade Robert 15 when activated. Kirilloff $2 when activated.

Thanks.
            Do you mean your 7th minor league pick? Who is available?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Do you mean your 7th minor league pick? Who is available?
              Actually we have a 13 round snake draft that happens after the auction. I have the 7th overall pick in the first round. We can choose anyone that is not on an NL team (we are AL only).

The top prospects are all on rosters. It is a valuable pick, but I do not know who is available yet (I haven't dug deep yet).

Comment

Get Robert

Comment

It’s a tough call but I think you take Robert. I hate the Twins’ development process and slow station-to-station development timing.

Comment

Working...
                  X